Wife has got low grade hpv

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wife's results came back and she's got low grade hpv and she went hospital docter examined her diwn there and it all looked good but she has taken a sample down there a tiny one but docter did say it looks all good. I'm very worried now please please anyone here that has had hpv

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HPV is extremely common across population. It takes around 2 years for the immune system to handle it. It is normally not dangerous though some strains are believed to cause cervical changes that may lead to cancer over the years. However, as long as a woman is frequently screened (once every 3 years is usually enough) the condition does not easily escalate.

I am not sure if you understood correctly that she had low grade HPV. More likely it was low grade changes on cervix with HPV found as well. She will probably be advised to have a scan in 1 year to reasses. With today's care, there is not much to worry about. Just make sure she gets checked regularly.

I had high grade changes (pre-cancerous) and had to have surgery to remove affected parts of cervix to prevent cancer developing. This is usually the worst that it gets. If not monitored yes it can get serious but as I said, today doctors are usually on top of it and react before it escalates to cancer.

• Posted

I was diagnosed early last year.  Every six months I must go for a new pap smear. Each time it comes back positive for hpv I must have a sample taken. GYN says its very possible that the HPV will go away on its own.  She told me to take plenty of vitamins and keep my immune system up.  I go back in April. Praying that the hpv is gone as I had to have two samples taken last year. My family doctor also said theres no need to worry as long as I keep on top of it because sometimes hpv is as common as the common cold and sometimes just goes away on its own.  Try not to worry.  I know I did when I first found out.  I cried and couldnt sleep.  Now I realize as long as I keep my semi annual smears and keep on top of things, everything will be fine
  • Posted

One other thing.  Try to refrain from googleing this stuff online.  It will only frighten you. That was my first error.  Every website I went to for a diagnosis came back to Cancer.  Get all your information from people who have been there and the professional doctors 
    • Posted

Hi eedee,

I am 39 male having many symptoms after a sexual exposure. I had hiv scare after many test it's concluded as negative. I was thinking it can be hpv.

Currently I have abdomen pain, loose stool, mild fever. I feel like my penis head is bit swollen but urologist says it is normal. Do you have any comments, did your partner faced anything similar.

• Posted

ashyam. My husband had none of those symptoms.  I suggest you see your regular doctor and have blood work done.  Your doctor will be able to point you in the right direction from there, if anything is wrong.
    • Posted

He had no symptoms.  Just like Purpledobermann mentioned. HPV is very common virus.  Many times theres no symptoms and it goes away on its own.  I would not have known I had it if it were not for the pap smear. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.