Wiggling Feeling in Knee After TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had me revision to a TKR in late May. When I start walking I could feel my joint wiggling. The home health therapist said it was just weak muscles and it'll pass. I'm 8 weeks post op now and it's still feeling like it's wiggling. Saw doc yesterday and he still believes it's just weak muscles. When will this feeling go away? It wakes me up at night, affects my movement when I walk and do exercises. I feel my leg is strong or at least stronger, but it's been no change since first walking on it. Anyone else have this strange type of feeling in knee joint after Total Knee?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I agree with them.  Find some quads exercises online to strengthen up.  The more you do, the more it will stop.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Yeah, my doctor is into leg lifts. He wants me doing 90 a day (3 groups of 30) remembering to contract that quad each time. Lovely. Do not have a place for water therapy unless I take over my neighbors pool.
    • Posted

A good one with muscle wastage is to:

- Lie down.

- Tense your affected leg down through your big toe

- Hold it 30 secs

- Repeat

Very effective.

• Posted

This can take months of work. Then suddenly, its gone. Another of those well kept secrets of medical professionals. They don't mention it hoping it will never happen. Just keep on keeping on....it will get better.

• Posted

Yeah, he forgot to mention it. He says that right now my muscles are still weak. He said to be very careful walking for the first 6 months. I was hoping to start the school year without the cane, but looks as though it'll be my companion for a few more months.

• Posted

You might be surprised how much better the kids behave with the threat of a cane hanging over their heads. Make sure its one of the heavy wooden ones and not a lightweight aluminum. Might as well get all you can get out of it. Seems impossible school is on us already. My wife spent 27 years as admin asst to director of special ed. She also handled bussing. Big district of over 25000 total enrollment her last few years which meant about 10% special needs kids. This time of year had her showing her abilities to comfort the masses.

Where are you located. I'm in a Kansas side suburb of Kansas city.

Always interesting to me she folks on the site are located. Makes for a great lesson in understanding the differences. I have a daughter in law and my wife's neice that teach about 70 mi apart in CA and it might as well be 2 different countries.

• Posted

I had my surgery over in Leawood, KS at the Kansas City Orthopedic Institute.
    • Posted

I live in Olathe and had my work done at KU Med. My Dr and the entire replacement team just left for menorah med. I definitely will be following him. My wife was with USD233

• Posted

Omg. Me too!

I thought I was crazy and so probably did the PA when I told her and she said I shouldn't feel anything moving Lol

My x-rays show that the inplant is in place and nothing is loose.

I was never told that weak muscles were probably the cause.

Thank you for posting - at least I know I'm not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.