I was panicking

And severely anxious

Though i was going to die.

So scared.

Never had this before.

Took me to hospital

Doc said take prochlorperazine for a week

But i hate tablets

And how do i know he knows its nothing serious.

Just read here a lady is not taking theses as bad side efffect on leaflet

I started now to take them

But i still having milder spinning

Like when i sat up and closed my eyes

It happened

And when o lay on mu bed

Also feel muzzy like pressure on my head like its going to happen more

Please can anyone tell me whether they have had this?

Im scared its my brain!

I cant stop worrying

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it sounds like BVVP. I just got over it.  I'm not sure why you were given this, my doctor gave me Meclizine to help with the dizziness. But if you're only taking it for a week, that shouldn't be so bad. Maybe you should see your regular gp and get something else.

• Posted

You have come to he right forum. Did the dr order a car scan or mri? I doubt it's your brain or a stroke otherwise they would have not released you from the hospital. I personally have vestibular neuritis. This is my 3rd go around. I had labyrinthitis in 1999/2000. I fully compensated. Then had a decompensation in 2001-2002 and I was fine for 14 years. Then June 10th it struck again. I have been suffering since. 7 weeks now. It's taking me longer to compensate this time. I do vestibular rehab. I am making progress but it's slow. The fuzzy head feeling is common. I describe mine as a pressure feeling. I had my severed spinning spells. Those are gone, now I'm left with a rocking feeling. Which I mainly feel when I'm laying down or sit up. Although it's getting better. I too thought it was something that was being missed. I have had multiple mri's, ct scans, heart tests. Everything is normal. It's usually caused by a viral infection of the inner ear nerve. Get into an ENT have have VNG testing done to determine where the damage is. Also they can determine if you have BBPV. Try to remain calm and relaxed. It will get better.

• Posted

Strangely enough i had a similar feeling this afternoon when i was walking my dog!! I didnt do any exercises, but had to navigate a shallowish ditch to get into the field I go to as the farmer's fenced off te area i prefer!!  I had this awful 'swimmy" feeling in head. Although i have permanent dizzyness i am usually better when out than indoors. I wondered if it could be barometric pressure as here in Surrey where i live (UK) today has been v.oppressive weather wise. I apcant take any ofmthe meds they give you as they just make it worse. I just came home asap, sat down,,put a cold pack on my neck and did very little the rest of day!!

• Posted

How did the doctor examine you at the hospital?  Did he/she check how your eyes move?  Did he/she cover your eyes?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.