Will a tooth/gum abscess get bigger and pop or shrink?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I bit into bone the other day and a part of my filling fell out plus part of tooth came loose As we are under COVID no dentists are drilling so no root canal. I now gave a nasty abscess and am on metronzipale which arent working on day 3, in fact the pain is getting worse.

Will the abscess grow ourwards and pop or will it shrink? unfortunately its extraction if no better tomorrow which is so bad as my tooth is healthy!

Any experience of abscess and antibiotics welcomed!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It usually goes down over time by itself although that is a painful wait. You could seek antibiotics from the dentist the pain goes away alot faster but it can come as fast as it goes as soon as you run out of antibiotics. When experiencing what you have i gurgled dettol, and antibacterial mouthwash. Clove oil does wonders for pain but it rots the teeth and gums over time if constantly used. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.