Will citalopram help me deal with ptsd feelings without feeling Iike a zombie?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people whilst ptsd is not really depression I realise as a sufferer that the feelings can be similar but have been advised to try citalopram. Don't like anything chemical as also have ibs, which is worsened by stress but also artificial stuff in my body. What does citalopram do and how long does it take to work? Also trying for child still so what else may be better? Sorry not strictly depression I know but just hard to cope with!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam so glad that you wrote in today. I am not a doctor but I think they treat depression and ptsd in a similar manner. I have tried the med that you are on and like the other two Prozac and Lexapro it has helped my depression and anxiety and I started sleeping for the first time regularly which for me was a miracle. Did I understand that you are trying to have a baby? If so I would talk to your obgyn about that and any drug before taking it. DianeĀ 
  • Posted

You will need to give the medication time to work and yes depending on dose you should be ok

I take this medication with other tablets and I feel fine, Be Patient

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for the advice ladies I will ask my doctor but she's the one suggesting antidepressants only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.