Will drinking Complan meal replacement give me pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm too scared to eat now had a couple of attacks of pain and have a constant tight achy back.

But I have some Complan meal replacement powder in the cupboard (you can make with milk or water i think)

Will this stuff give me trouble?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

For me eating too little was as bad as eating the wrong foods. The stored fat in my body would break down and cause an attack. Try and eat some lean protein ie salmon, chicken, turkey and greek yogurt as well as topping off meals with lots of fruits and steamed veggies to keep everything moving and your belly from getting too empty. Hope you get better soon.
    • Posted

Also eating any kind of cooked legmes through out your day, with each meal, and in between,  helps the liver make new bile, to help flush out the old from the GB.
  • Posted

I ate lots of fruit , pitta bread with tomato and cucumber . Do try and eat something or you'll get too weak for any operation ( if that's been recommended ) 

but also you can't get too scared as a consultant told me that sometimes , no matter how careful you are you can still get stones coming out of the gall bladder , so just try your best and hope for the best . 

Hope you feel better soon . 

• Posted

You heard it twice now Claire, not eating will really create possibilities for all sorts of issues, go with some good suggestions here (I think the first one mentioned salmon but all in there are good and researched)

Feel the force wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.