Will I ever fall in love?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with genital herpes after an outbreak 3 weeks ago. I was exposed to it by a guy who didn't know he had it. I'm 21 years old and I am so depressed. I deal with depression and anxiety to begin with, and this has escalated it tremendously. I don't know what to do. I have started therapy and continued antidepressants, but I am still so scared that I will never be loved, get married, or have children. Please, any advice is accepted. If anyone has uplifting stories about falling in love and having kids while having genital herpes, I need to hear them. I am so scared that my whole life will change to revolve around this. I was so confident in myself and that's all changed after this. I need help. sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey sad I know how you feel I was diagnosed about 4 months ago and I went through a really depressing stage I have also been dealing with anxiety all my teenage years this was just the icing on top. I am 21 too a female and I have just started dating again I have found the sweetest guy and just dont want to tell him sad
    • Posted

Just tell him. The right guy will stay with you and accept you for what you are. As difficult as it isrolleyes I haven't been in your shoes yet rolleyes

• Posted

Confusedndcared. I am a 24 year old male and I am in the same boat you are in rolleyes everything you have said I am feeling also. It's hard enough finding someone and now we have to deal with this. I'm sure their are a lot of people just like us. Just know you are not suffering alone, and I'm sure you will find love. Stay strong you will get through it. Hopefully I will too.

Cam

• Posted

Hello Confusesnscared,

Im a 38 year old male who has had H2 for many years now and i was in your situation for such a long time. I felt like i would never be able to find love and have children due to this disease. I was always upset, depressed, angry, and felt like i was useless to women. So i did the worst thing that i could have ever done and that was to not date anyone for many many years because of the fear of rejection. I was so afraid of passing H2 to anyone that i just didnt date. As i got a bit older i had to be honest with myself and accept H2 it for what it is and understand that i am the same person i always have been.

Once i over came the fear of rejection i started dating again and yes, many women turned the other way, but i told myself "its okay" because they are not the ones for me.

Then i found someone!

Someone who is very loving, caring, and very understanding. In the beginning i was so terrified of telling her that have an STD, only because i was afraid of losing her. But i knew i had to take that chance, and i did. She really didn't understand what H2 was at the time, but once i discussed it with her and the risks that are involved, she didnt care one bit. All she said was, " it doesn't matter, as long as i can be with you because i love you very much".

This brought me to tears as i knew i had found someone very special. We have been together for 7 months now and life for me is amazing. We have recently talked about the possibility of have a family in the future and this makes life worthwhile.

Dont give up! Dont ever give up! You will find love. You just have to be honest and open and you will see people are very accepting. And for those who are not, well you really dont want them of your life.

Hang in there as life will get better, it always does.

• Posted

How did you go so long without telling her? You were at the point of loving each other without having sex for many months?
    • Posted

It was about 3 months before i told her. But up until this time we did not have and sexual relations. Just the normal kissing and huging kinda stuff. I fell in love with about 2 weeks before i had told her i had H2. When i knew we were going to be sexualy active, this is when i had to tell her. I felt a moral obligation to do so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.