Will I ever feel normal again?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been to my GP as still having pressure and tingling sensation on the bridge of my nose and my cheek bones are also tender.

I was initially prescribed Doxycycline which I took and things seemed to get better but then symptoms came back so I have now been given Beconase steroid spray to use for 7 days, I have a follow up appointment next Friday and they will refer me to the ENT clinic for further tests.

Fingers crossed there is light at the end of the tunnel just hope this spray works soon!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi laura48798

I can really sympathise with you as for about a 12 month off and on I have suffered with pain/pressure on the bridge of my nose and between my eyes and frontal headaches. No blocked nose but constant post nasal drip.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but I've been using a sinus rinse bottle for several weeks now and it has seemed to have helped. 

• Posted

Hi WelshCath,

I'm hoping the spray I've been prescribed helps as I hate this feeling I have.

Do you ever suffer from any facial tingling?

I get it on the left side of my face and head, the doctor said it could be something pressing on a nerve, what does she mean by that??? Totally worried me now 😪

• Posted

Hi Laura

I was using Flixonase (nasal spray) and Loratadine (antihistamine) for months but they didn't seem to help at all. I have also used Beconase too.

No, I've not had any facial tingling.  Just the awful pain/ pressure and very lightheaded.

I just did a little search online and found this, which might put your mind at ease .......

I just returned from the Dr with the same symptoms. Some minor sinus pressure, and most of all bizarre tingling...up the left side of my face. My Dr believes I have a severe sinus infection that has caused pressure on my v3 and v2 facial nerves. I'm on 2000mg of Amox for 10 days. Hopefully that will solve this. I've never experienced something like this before. The tingling comes and go. 

So maybe you have something similar.

• Posted

WelshCath,

That could be what I've got.

I feel awful tonight, I've just been to the cinema with a friend which was fine but then went for a drink afterwards, I don't drink often as I don't go out due to my anxiety. So 2 glasses of wine and a very loud band has given me the most awful headache!! And just feel rotten. I'm hoping an ibruprofen and my spray will help me sleep tonight x

• Posted

Hi Laura

Sorry to hear your feeling so unwell. I know the feeling sad

Strange you mentioned anxiety, as I was going to ask earlier if you suffered from it.  As tingling is certainly one symptom of anxiety. 

I've had it in the past. 

I hope your feeling a bit better this morning x

• Posted

WelshCath

I've woken this morning feeling abit better still got a slight headache, it's right behind both of my ears on my head.

Yes I do get anxiety and panic attacks, more recently than ever before. It puts me off going anywhere as I worry I'm going to have one while I'm out.

Do you suffer from them too??

• Posted

Hi Laura

Unfortunately I do suffer with anxiety and panic attacks sad I have done for several years now. I know exactly what you mean about the thought of having one when your out too. So embarrassing!

Look up no more panic.

• Posted

WelshCath,

I'm going shopping today on my own so building myself up to doing it.

I'll look up no more panic, thanks

• Posted

i had the doxy but it didnt help also got the spray my doctor said it would take at least 3months for the spray to have any affect, ive been taking sudafed which has been the only thing that has helped so far ENT will be my next step if this continues.
    • Posted

Hi denise38168

Have you tried the sinus rinse, that I mentioned earlier?  Have a read of the reviews online. I make my own saline solution instead of buying the packets that come with the bottle too.

It was suggested by an ENT I saw.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

The doxy worked briefly but it didn't taken long for the symptoms to reappear.

I'm hoping seeing the ENT will give me some answers, I can't keep living like this it's getting me down

• Posted

I've not used a Neti pot. The ENT I saw said to use my cupped hands, but I found that awkward so I bought a NeilMed bottle (sinus rinse starter kit)

• Posted

That Beconase worked good on me. But even that was not enough. I also bougt some over the counter pseudoephedrine and that got rid of the tenderness in the nose and cheeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.