Will I ever get back to normal? :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all this will be my 11th week on sertraline. after have 20 weeks on citalopram. I'm currently on 50mg was on 50mg for 5 weeks and moved upto 75mg. after 3 weeks on 75 I decided to drop back down to 50. 75 was a little to much for me. so been back on 50 3 weeks. and after what I thort wear very good signs of getting better. felt like my normal self for about 3 days. I went back to what felt like stage one all over again 😦 but this time insomnia and weird vivid dreams added to it.. but Thursday I had a good night sleep and Friday and Saturday to. and felt ok not normal but feeling about 70 percent my normal self. gave me a little bit if hope again. until last night waking up at 3 this morning for 2 hours haveing a mini panic attacks. and woke up this morning with panic and fear and intrusive thoughts again 😦... so like my title says. will I ever get back to normal? cos right now I feel like I'm going to be like this forever 😦

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

The answer is yes. The fact that you have already showed signs of feeling better and almost normal is really hopeful. However, it appears that you are changing doses far too often to give your body and mind time to get used to them. It normally takes around 2 weeks for your body to settle after a dose change and then you really need 4-6 weeks on that dose level to get the benefits or ascertain whether an increase or decrease is required. The problem is we are all so impatient to recover as suffering withing with anxiety, insomnia, depression etc can be so awful. However, we need to give our bodies time to metabolise the medication to get better. Best of luck and a speedy recovery to you.

• Posted

Hey Ryan, I see you dropped back to 50mg, but that doesn't sound a lot really. Maybe ask gp what they think? Have u got cbt booked in? I've been on 150mg for 25 days now, and am feeling a bit better, still having moments but much better. I'm on week 10 I think. It is a long struggle but you will get better. I've upped to 175mg today, see if that catches my last edgy moments. Gp offered to go up to 200mg last week but I'll take it gradual I think. Keep fighting on mate.

• Posted

cheers guys 😃 I think today I feel better. but I know why it's coming back. because I go back to work Thursday. but I'm sure everything will be fine 😃

• Posted

Hi Ryan you have done brilliantly, you have weathered the horrible storm of citalopram , changed meds with all that brought you and are on your way to feeling better. The fact you are having highs and lows means the meds are working they just need to get stable now and yes you are right about returning to work making you feel anxious, you are probably having a lot of what if thoughts, this is normal for anyone who has been off work for a while. You will be fine, let your colleagues know how you feel and that you may just randomly have to take a walk round the block, I found this took a lot of pressure off, just knowing I had an escape route if I needed one also having the routine of work will be a distraction for you.

• Posted

How are you Ryan ? Good Luck with work tomorrow you will be fine .

• Posted

hey 😃 I'm ok thank you. still very up and down.. how are you? well I'm not going back to work tomorrow now. I'm going back Friday. witch for me us better 😃

• Posted

well just got back from my first day back at work in 5 months. and if went absolutely fine 😃. so much so I'm doing overtime tomorrow.. so things might be looking up

• Posted

Great news Ryan, I'm back to work Monday onwards and upwards.

• Posted

I did have a panic the day before tho beacue3 I was anxious about going back. but I was fine when I got their. so try not to worry about going back. it will be fine 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.