Will I ever get better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Clarithromycin for 4 days now- being treated for Chest Infection, bad cough, phlegm etc... have a horrible taste in my mouth and feel worse than ever. I don't feel like they are helping at all!! I will finish the course but please tell me I will get better as I've been like this for weeks and weeks sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I totally sympathise I have been suffering with infected sinucitis for a month and now on 3td antibiotic Klaricid

The side effects are grim but so sick of being ill will persevere

Hope it's worth it !

• Posted

I'm taking Clarithromycin and although it's clearing my severe chest/throat infection, I'm feeling very poorly after starting them. I'm pretty confused most of the time, can't think properly, anxious and feeling a bit 'loopy'! I'm about to start day 5 and not sure if I should continue with them. Does anyone else have the same side-effects with this drug? It's my 2nd type of antibio's in 2 weeks.
  • Posted

I have been on this antibio for 3 days and I am starting to feel better. However, I dread taking the next tablet as I have almost all of the side effects listed in the info leaflet. The chest infection was not half as bad as I have been feeling on this drug. I intend to soldier on until the end of the course but never again.

Hope you soon feel better .

• Posted

Since my last email I have been back to a doctor at my health centre as I felt the side effects were outweighing any good the anti bio were probably doing.

I questioned my weight and the 500mg dose which i was advised to take . I have been advised to try half the strength, which I am now doing. I am not experiencing all of the side effects except for loose bowels. I have lost so much weight since taking this drug that any attempt to build myself up is counteracted by the side effects. I have to continue until Friday morning and just hope that I am we'll by then.

• Posted

I have also been prescribed Erythromycine following a heavy cold which left me with a cough.   The doctor prescribed two tablets four times a day which have made me feel really unwell - worse than I was without them.   I rang 111 and the doctor told me to cut them down to four a day which I did.  However, today, after feeling a little better yesterday, I feel dreadful again with stomach pains, feeling sick and very tired.   I don't fancy anything to eat but feel empty!  Anyway, I couldn't cope with this so I have stopped taking them now.   The cough seems a bit better/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.