Will i require surgery at any point of time in my life?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 22. I have been diagnosed with HS. I want to know whether at any point of time in my life will i require a surgery. I have had few boils in the past and right now i have 3 but they are not deep and not extreme. Also if i take take medicine can it be "stopped" or frequency be reduced and by how much. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

There are many different stages. If you dont have the sinus tracks yet there is no need to worry about surgery yet! I am going to be starting Humara Tuesday. I am very excited to see if this works. Speak to your derm. and see what they have to say (:
    • Posted

I have only boils that too small ones with no pain. Actually I wanted to know about the progression the disesase like if as I have started taking the treatment and as it is not that bad so will it worsen further or I will be able to hold it up! Well whatever i have read about Humira is that it's very promising but also that weakening the immune system thing is really scary. This must be like last of the last resort. Hope you get well soon.

• Posted

You are going to LOVE the results of Humira. Been on it for a year and I could not be happier where I am at with HS! I was dealing with it for 10 years and Humira has given me my first whole year with no problems! *Knock on wood* I hope the results are the same for you!
    • Posted

Have you been diagnosed? I remember my first one. Unfortuantly there is no cure for HS. If you are diagnosied you will deal with it forever. However, my derm did say you can "control" it with different methods. I have tried everything. They told me to take bleach baths, pills, washes. Birth control helped a lot. But not with sinus tracks. So Humara is my last hope I think. I hope all goes well! Good vibes (:

• Posted

That is amazing!!! This gives me a lot of hope. Did you have any side affects? 
    • Posted

Very small. I still take it just not as frequent when I started because I am downing the mg's slowly so I can be off it by January or Feb of 2018. Only side affects I have delt with is a stuffy nose or cough for a week or two. Nothing major I feel that happens to alot of patients due to the lowering of the immune system. I hope it works for you as it has worked for me!smile

• Posted

I am very excited. My derm said I would probably be on it for the rest of my life. Hopefully they are wrong. But I am glad it worked for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed lol

• Posted

Yup I went to see a derma and showed my boils in the groin and armpit area and within a sec he told me that it was HS. They took a swab of pus for pus culture and now i have got the reports. He has given me medicine for 1 week and told me to show after 1 week with my reports for the time being he has given me Lizostar (anti-biotic) and Nadibact cream. In my report it is written Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. Although my boils have subsided but I don't know whether it is because of medicine or naturally but this time it was the worst. And humira would be definitely my last resort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.