Will I start Duloxetine? Any advice welcome

Posted , 4 users are following.

do I start taking this tonight? iv been on mirtazapine but not good for me so withdraw from mirtazapine start up duloxetine but im not sure whether to try coming off mirt and see how i am. any advice?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Why are you taking duloxetine for...its a potent nasty drug

• Posted

What advice have you been given by your prescriber?

The decision to take psych meds or not is a very personal one. Nobody should pressure you either way. They do help many people but they're just not right for others.

Personally, I take them and know that they have been a life saver for me. How are your symptoms right now? Are you still struggling?

• Posted

Do you take Duloxetine? How long do you feel back to normal? I take Duloxetine, too, 90 mg/day. It helps me with GAD. I have taken that dose for 8 weeks, but I have not feel back to normal. My doctor said wait for another 3 more months.

• Posted

Sorry Tracy, I've only just seen your reply.

Yes, I took duloxetine for around 8 months (120mg). It did help but not to the extent my psychiatrist was hoping so I am now taking a different medication. I actually found coming off of it pretty easy and had no ill effects from it.

For me, depression is best tackled using a variety of measures. I'm also receiving weekly therapy, I try to get outside for a walk every day, I watch my diet and take several supplements. But all of this is done alongside medication. It's a long road, I still struggle daily. What works for one person, won't for another.

We've just got to keep on fighting with everything we've got.

• Posted

Thank you for your response, Lucy. My doctor said my maximum dose for Duloxetine is 90 mg/day. I have been fighting this illness for a year. I was at a point staying on bed all day for 3 months because of horrible head pains and no energy. My life was awful. I thought my world ends.

Now, I will take whatever my doctor tell me. My doctor said my brain is over analyzed. It needs time to adjust chemical.

I hope some days, you and me can say yeah! no more anxiety problems.

• Posted

i have depression and anxiety and am struggling with life so this is another med to try to help me get back to 'me'. most antidepressants are awful but sometimes needs must.

• Posted

if you learn how to change your thoughts and behaviours things will get better GO OUT in nature look at the birds and scenary and pray. YOU NEED to put effort into something if not your a revolving door with issues . START by saying No. STRESS WILL eat you quickly Hard work ahead of you A PILL tgat mimics depression is not the answer

• Posted

That is not help anxiety for all people. Some people have imbalanced chemicals issues, going out to nature will not help. I did not worry any things, but 2 weeks after I turned to 50, I had headaches, then that is signal of the issue. No one wants to take medications, but I have to take my medications if I want to live and take care of my kids.

• Posted

duloxetine just about killed me. IF YOUR DEPRESSED and or anxiety id recommend vitamin d3 k2 and magneisium melotonin for sleep if you take the drug have your liver ALT CHECKED 6 weeks after starting this drug also withdrawl is terrible coming off this drug. i would learn something like cbt dbt and mindfulness if your in pain so physio . NO DRUG for pain is a cure it only masks the pain. Eliminate sugar. Learn coping skills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.