will it ever go??? :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, after cowardly and unaware of other complications, I had a massive big relapse( or I don't even know if I can call it a relapse) because I havent started the treatment with Citalopram for my Panic Disorder which turned into a really nasty Agoraphobia from  which atm I can only go to the end of the street and coming back straight away with a heart about to jump out of my chest.

I do blame myself for the inability of taking medication but I also think that my GP didnt help much always reffering me to a stress course which never helped. I had been put on the list for  CBT which I persuasively asked and when I actually thought I will get some help, I get there and  the guy tells me that they dont have enough time and resources.

I would like to ask anyone which experienced this type of problem,  if you can actually get over this fear of not being able to leave your house ??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No, haven't  experienced type of. Problem. Sorry I couldn't help.

• Posted

I just hope and pray everyday it will......I can leave the house, but cant go to store by myself. sad
  • Posted

Maybe if you start your meds it will help.
  • Posted

If it's that bad you can't leave the house then you need to start taking the medication. It takes a while to start working so the sooner you start the sooner you'll start to see an improvement. It's not an overnight cure but don't give up on it. It does help. You can't live like that not being able to go past the end of your street.... Sucks about the CBT, if you were told you could go you should have been able to. You can get quite a lot of info online so maybe try looking it up and learning about the techniques yourself. Not quite the same but it might still help.
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies, I had a bad experience with them in the past,l because of the side effects were way to strong for me and thats I've been prescribed when I first started having the panic attacks.

I managed to handle them well a long period but since last year in June, I  lost control of them and here I am now.

I bought few books about CBT, and atm I am trying some Mindfulnes Meditation as well.

I managed to go out alone all this time but since last week I am like this and I am still trying and pushing myself to get out but when I am out there the trouble starts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.