Will it ever work?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I have been on prozac for 7-8 weeks. The last 2 weeks I ve been on 40mg. It seems it has little or no effect on my anxiety!!

So,my question is should I give up or is it early??

Xx

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen, just noticed your post and surprised nobody answered you!

19 days now since you posted, did you give up or are you still persevering?

• Posted

Hiya...I m still on it!!..must be about 11 weeks now tho not much has changed!!..not sure when I ll give up!😕 x
    • Posted

11 weeks is quite a time, possibly you would benifit from a change of medication? Have a word with your doctor and see what he says...

Hope there's an improvement soon 😃

• Posted

Thank you...I was on cit for 7 weeks before prozac, so need to persevere a bit longer!..how's you? X
    • Posted

I've been on Sertraline now for about 3 months... the first 6/7 weeks were awful but from week 8 I started to feel improvement as the side effects went and since then it's just got better!

Hope yours start to kick in soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.