Will mornings ever get better?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 11on citalopram most of the side effects have gone I hope, the sleeping in not very good but I do think it's improving day by day, I take my tablet in the evening as morning did not suit me. The only problem is I take all morning to feel like myself, I need to go back to work on Monday and I'm hoping I won't feel like this, any reassurance? 😋

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Non yes mornings can be hard and it took about 3 -5 weeks for me to feel ok on a morning but now I get up and get on with my day as normal so believe me in a bit of time you will be good it's just your body adjusting to the meds

• Posted

Thanx, I have a cold today feel all achie or is it another side effect?
  • Posted

Sometimes going back to work distracts u from thinking abt how u feel
  • Posted

I'm on day 14 of citalopram and mornings are terrible I literally feel like giving up in the morning. I only start feeling ok ish after mid day. I start a new job next week so I am dreading it.

It would be lovely to just spring out of bed like my 3 year old does 😂

• Posted

Morning anxiety is the last to go in my opinion anxiety an dep are typically worse in the morning the fact ur feeling better as the day goes on is a good sign
    • Posted

Yes, just need to keep reminding ourselves that it will get better as the day goes on. 👍🏼

• Posted

Hi, it will take a while longer to get the full benefit of the citalopram. I can't say otherwise, but it is tough in the early days of treatment. Feeling worse in the morning is very typical. The only thing that helped me was to get plenty of sleep. And I mean plenty of sleep. Going to bed early so I could wake early, gave me time to come round to feeling a bit better by the time I had to go to work. Bed at 9pm up at 6am. Gave me a couple of hours to pull around.

• Posted

I totally agree that the awful anxiety in the mornings are the last thing to go but it will and you'll soon get used to feeling ' normal' in the mornings again.

You will get there. 😀

• Posted

Emma, how long did it take you to feel better in the mornings? I'm on day 15. I go to bed thinking I'm feeling good and the next morning it's the same. Heart pounding, feel sick and worried for the day ahead x

• Posted

My morning anxiety has started to calm down a lot I'm on day 21. It was unbearable this time last week. Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.