Will mosNt babies born with Nuchal cord also get periventricular leukomalacia

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ok, first things first this is actually about me, I'm not a father who's just been through some traumatic time.

So basically I've been doing a bit of research into my current Temproal lobe Epilepsy condition and it turns out that I went through Nucal cord when I was born. When I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 4 they discovered I had Periventricular leukomalacia.

To go into a little more detail the cord was around my I neck stopped breathing and had to have CPR performed on me.

Anyway, I have a few questions here: Is the Periventricular leukomalacia related to the Nucal cord? If they are related is it possible I had Eplesy at a much earlier age then when I was diagnosed?

Just an FYI the major way it was picked up, in the end, was due to two major Tonic clonic (grand-mal) seizures.

EDIT: Sorry everyone it appears I may have stuffed up in my research. It turns out my Epilepsy is TLE, not FLE. Also, the report said an MRI was done and shows "some periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) and some focal Focal abnormalities in the right and left Temporal lobes consistent with Mesial temporal scierosis.

If anyone knows anything it would help out a lot

Thanks, guys

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.