Will MRI scan expose me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need some info about MRI scans. You see im very sure i have ASPD but noone knows irl. But at some point i got in trouble and lied my way out where i had to fake some kind of memory disorder. But i didnt rly think this one trough because i didnt expect my psychologist to put me up for an MRI scan. Where they will probely look for a tumor.

The question is, will the guy doin the scan knoitice any signs of pathism while doin the scan?

I also got fake diagnosed with

autism a while ago and i really have ADD.

Can this help me to be the "explanation" of lacking activity at the empathy part?

Or will they just ignore and focus only on looking for a tumor?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I'm a little confused as to why you have self diagnosed yourself with ASPD I would have thought your health care providers would have know this without too much trouble.

And why again would you want to be diagnosed with something you don't have unless you were trying to claim some kind of benefits you wouldn't normally be entitled too.

Or am I misunderstanding your post??

An MRI is a diagnostic tool but it's not capable of finding psychiatric problems, why are they looking for a tumor or is it because you have given them symptoms of one

• Posted

Well people have no sympathy for "anti socials". And my parents did knoitice that i dont like to hzng out with ppl and stuff so they had me tested for autism. I just faked the diagnosis cuz they needed somee xplanation. So thats why they didnt diagnose my ASPD probely. I wasnt asking for more questions tho. Havent rly got a real answer

• Posted

An MRI shows physical problems with the brain. 

It basically rules out physical problems. If they find no physical abnormalities, they would most likely recommend therapy to help you with any issues that you are struggling with.

It would be a good idea to tell your doctor the things that you wrote in here. I know it would be a hard thing for you to do.  If you cannot tell them, they will find out after the MRI is done if it doesn't show any physical cause.

Just remember, even if there is not a physical abnormality that shows up on an MRI, it doesn't mean that you don't have real struggles. 

Good luck with the MRI !    And if the MRI is normal, I hope you get the help you need. 

• Posted

But i dont have any struggles. I just dont want people to find out about it becuz noone sympathises with "psychopaths". I dont need any help. But IF i would tell the doctor, would they inform my parents about it? Im underage for about 1 and a half more years. Would telling the doctors stop them from telling my parents anything? And who can acces my mental health info about diagnises of disorders like that?

• Posted

Yes because if your a minor then your doctor will inform them of any diagnosis they find.

Why wouldn't you want them to know

• Posted

I am so sorry that you don't think people sympathize with "psycopaths" as you call it.  I am thinking that you must have had some bad experiences or something to believe that.  

Other than your parents, nobody has to know. You don't have to disclose it to friends or others. 

YOu mentioned that you don't have any struggles. But it seems like you are having some trouble with getting out of faking diagnoses and now you aren't sure what to do.

I know this may be very hard...but the only way to truly get out of this mess, is to be honest with your doctor. This will help them to diagnose you correctly.  If you have a good doctor, he will understand your fears and help you.

As a parent, it would break my heart to know that you felt you had to hide it from me. I would want to learn about it so I could help you.  

I think if you just tell the doctor the things that you wrote here, he/she may be able to help your parents understand you. At least you won't have to keep getting false diagnoses....and maybe you will get a correct one. 

• Posted

Look.. I had to fake the memory disorder because i did something bad.. if we are gonna talk about the whole concience thing, im pretty sure a parent would even have a bigger broken heart if they found out his kid barely has any feeling of love, emotion, guilt or empathy. So if ur worried about my parents, this is the best option for evryone. But if you all agree that they will certainly discover and knoitice my pathism (according to alot of sites people with ASPD have less activity at certain brain regions) than perhaps i have to tell them..

but im pretty sure none of you have did some research about ASPD before commenting. So id appreciate someone that knows some stuff about MRI scans.

• Posted

And to resopond to you saying people sympathise with psychopaths i got a few quotes of professional psychologists.

"Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior."

"Individuals with antisocial personality disorder often violate the law, becoming criminals. They may lie, behave violently or impulsively, and have problems with drug and alcohol use. "

People have always hated people with no guilt and that stuff and dont try to convince me otherwise cuz you should know better.

Now im pretry sure alot of parents would disown their child if they find out they are diagnosed with that.

And trust me, i wouldnt mind telling them how i truly am. But i would mind the concequences of them knowing

• Posted

Yes of course I know what it is, why does that make a difference to whether your health care providers can inform your parents.

You have said you are a minor that's why they can inform them

• Posted

I have had my fare share of them over the last 12 years so guess I have picked up a modicum of knowledge regarding them yes.

I also have a son who due to the use of certain so called recreational drugs has had massive problems with psychotic disorders, thankfully he's on the mend now and as for you thinking your parents want to know you if they find out you have mental health issues, in my opinion you are totally wrong, I loved my son before he had these problems and I loved him and cared deeply for him during and now he's well again I still love him, I also didn't need telling he had ASPD it was completely obvious so I'm wondering if you truly have this condition why they don't know, if you are the same person before they are told them how can you think it will make a difference.

Actually if your suffering anyone of these illnesses you wouldn't care if they don't care about you, my son didn't.

• Posted

Well mayb im the wrong person to say this but im highly intelligent. Scored 135IQ so that must have played part in blending in.

But you didnt got hurt finding this out? You rly just didnt care? Did they they suggest/forced your child to take medication or therapy? Did you act any diffrent to him? How did you react when you found out he was lying? Did u try any stuff to try to change him?

• Posted

Sorry but I did explain that his mental health issues didn't ever stop me loving or caring for him in my last post so want go back down that road again.

So your IQ makes you above average intelligence but that would not make it any easier for you to hide your problem, can I ask if you have had all these tests that have diagnosed you with ASPD and if you have been told officially then being a minor your parents will already know and you should be discussing it with them

• Posted

Well i just know i have it. Ive been looking since i was like 10ys old what made me so diffrent towards the other kids, and sins i was 14 ive heard and researched this and the whole describtion sounded like me.. but im pretty sure i have never been diagnised with it nor did they seem to suspect it. Ive had a gf for a short period and she certainly noiticed it at some point

Anyway, the discussion is gelling useless for me now. I think i know what to do. I apreciate the advice and info from y'all.

• Posted

No probs, hope you have a long happy life and hope the site has helped in some way for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.