Will my bv ever end? Biofilm cure?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had suffered with BV for 2 and a half years and tried so much. Oral antibiotics (that made me sick as hell), vaginal antibiotics, balanceactiv gel... i did things such as stop taking bubble baths, wear only cotton underwear, no tampons only cotton pads, I NEVER had and never will douche, use non-latex condoms, unscented shower gel when i wash. I was at my wits end. The only thing I felt I hadn’t done was come off the contraceptive pill. So i did that, along with starting to take probiotics that were formulated to reach the vagina (4.3 billion cultures in each tablet i think).

When i came off the pill, i gave my body a few months to adjust and my BV? IT WAS GONE! I don’t know if this was a coincidence but I can’t think of anything else I had done differently. I moved into a new place and was generally eating a bit better, but I was still drinking alcohol, having the occasional take out... i was walking slightly more but no hardcore exercise.

I was BV free for around 6 months and then I had a little bit of spotting and it’s back... i’m Devastated. I have started taking probiotics again everyday and i’m Currently using balanceactiv gel but i can tell its only masking the symptoms and not killing the BV. The only thing that’s changed in after that 6 month BV free was that I moved back home, my diet is maybe not quite as good and i’m Not exercising as much. I did start a course of accutane, an acne drug about 6 months ago, which is very strong and has some nasty side effects so I don’t know if this has a bearing...

In the time it came back I have had no sexual partners. In fact, I’ve found my BV has been just as bad if not worse when I’ve not been having sex. FYI I have had sex with 9 people and I know that this has not caused it. Generally, my BV always used to flare up right at the end of my period - I think the blood messes up my ph balance.

another thing that may be worth mentioning is that my period has been extremely irregular after that 6month BV free time. I haven’t had a period in 2 months if you don’t count the spotting the triggered this round of BV. When I was BV free and had a period, it was a heavier period and it was fine. It may be connected...

Anyway guys, i’ve Been researching like crazy and seen that BV is reoccurring because the bad bacteria causes a biofilm what destroys this biofilm? I’m scared if i go to the dr they will just give me more antibiotics which wont work and just kill the good bacteria.

All i know is i can’t go on like this anymore. I have had suicidal thoughts because of BV and i cant take it anymore. It is completely ruining my life. I’m a very sexual person and i cant even have sex anymore. Someone could say something like ‘you’re pretty’ and it wont make me feel happy cuz i just think to myself ‘who cares when i have this’. Please help sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi lo46523

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hey I feel you! I’ve been dealing with this for 9 months, idk how you dealed with it for 2 years. I’m def on the same boat as you! Tried probiotics, vitamin c, vitamin d, folic acid, antibiotcs everything except boric acid i’m too scared lol. 

The first time I got it was a month after I started the pill so I’m guessing its messing my hormones and body too. My doctor gave me another week of antibiotics that I just finished and multigyn gel and tbh I don’t feel like it did anything too. Yes I read on biofilms, I took kirkman’s biofilm defense before antibiotics to see if maybe it’ll help break down the biofilm wall so antibiotics can clean it all up.  But idk if it works or not rolleyes I have to check up with my gyno again in a week. Hopefully all works out. please message me so we can talk it out!

• Posted

Read the studies of garlic supplements with a bio film. That and salt baths are the only things that helped me but the garlic made me kind of sick. I think I took too much. Try it and see if it helps. It's supposed to kill biofilms

• Posted

READ THIS LADIES!! I had BV for the past 6-7 years, every day ... never a break.. it destroys underwear, and became rather embarrassing in the bedroom department. 

I couldn’t have a nice hot bath 

I couldn’t have a bubble bath 

I couldn’t wear undeadwerar 

I couldn’t wash my hair in the bath 

I couldn’t do a lot of things 

I finally found a cure! Well for me anyway! Ever noticed you go to the shops femfresh £4 and still gives me BV,  that canastafresh stuff £11.99!!!! I tried Johnson’s baby moisturising bath and for 3 days I’ve had NO sign of BV, 

It is PH balanced and gives you smooth skin £1.50 

I’ve now got 3 of my mates to try it and they have all said the same it worked immediately xxxx

• Posted

I had BV for 10 months straight, would take antibiotics and it would come right back. It was horrible. I saw 2 drs and 4 nurse practitioners. They all said and did the same thing. Stop using soaps, take probiotics, stop eating sugar. So I did it all. Turns out the problem was sugar for me. So I literally would have no sugar. Fruit sugar was fine, but NO added sugar, or I would get an infection. My dr told me I had to treat sugar like it was an allergy. Cannot have any. They couldn’t give me a reason why this started happening. So after 4 months of no sugar and no infection, I went in and demanded my blood be drawn. It didn’t make sense that this just happened. I knew something had to be off. Turns out my Vit D was low. After taking Vit D 310,000ui for a month, I am totally fine. No infection! My vagina is healthy! I can have sugar again too. I don’t know why drs aren’t checking this. But they aren’t. And I tried all the things you read about, oregano, yogurt douches/tampons, boric acid, lactic acid, garlic, peroxide douches. You name it, I tried it. I struggled with this for a year and half, spent thousands of dollars on drs, labs and treatment. And all it took was $15 worth of vitD3! Good luck! Hope this helps
    • Posted

hey i got tested for my vitamin d levels and turns out they're pretty low too. on a scale from 0-100 my vitamin d levels were 24.4 where the normal range was around 50. Are you sure you took 300,000 iu? not 30,000 iu? i'm taking around 10,000 iu right now but i don't know how long i should keep taking it.

• Posted

There was not a space where it needed to be.lol. It is supposed to say Vit D3, 10,000iu. And with this dose it took me about a month to be able to have some sugar. By 2 months I felt great! Eat all the sugar I want, I have energy and no depression. Good luck! Let me know how it works for you! 
    • Posted

I called my dr back to see if I needed to have labs rechecked and dose decreased after 2 months. She told me no need to and to take that much indefinitely. I may back down to 5,000iu after a few months, or skip days sometimes. But I sure don’t want it falling again! So idk. Guess we will see. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.