Will norethisterone affects the date of your next period?

Posted , 44 users are following.

I was on norethisterone last month till the 20th Aug and my period came on the 22nd Aug. My period has not come ever since and it has been 41 days since the start of my previous period. Is anyone experiencing the same thing too? I hope I am not the only one.

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

No worries.
  • Posted

I'm so glad other people are having the same problem...i took the same thing to delay my period for a 3 day festival. I stopped taking the pills and came on my period 2 days later. I haven't been on since and i'm now 10 days late! How long did it take everyone else for their second one to come? I'm so scared! :o/ Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
  • Posted

Hello,

I wouldn't worry it's normal for it to mess up your system. Mine was 4 weeks late and then the next period

Was back to normal.

I was worrying too but for nothing smile

• Posted

I may be waiting a while then! Thank you so much...I'll try and stop worrying now smile
  • Posted

I may be waiting a while then! Thank you so much...I'll try and stop worrying now smile
  • Posted

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing now. I took the tablets for 3 weeks, came on 4 days after i took the last tablet and now I am 5 days late for my next period... if I have worked it out right which I am confident I have as I was regular as clockwork before now.

Can I ask has anyone experienced usual period symptoms around the time they were due on even though the period didnt come? Ive had slight belly ache, feeling hot/temp and emotional for a week which is all normal the day before i am due on and in the first couple of days of my period... just no period!

Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks smile

• Posted

Hi, I am experiencing the same thing now. I took the tablets for 3 weeks, came on 4 days after i took the last tablet and now I am 5 days late for my next period... if I have worked it out right which I am confident I have as I was regular as clockwork before now.

Can I ask has anyone experienced usual period symptoms around the time they were due on even though the period didnt come? Ive had slight belly ache, feeling hot/temp and emotional for a week which is all normal the day before i am due on and in the first couple of days of my period... just no period!

Thanks smile

• Posted

Thanks smile

• Posted

Oooppss... didnt mean to post that many times rolleyes
  • Posted

Hello there smile

Try not to worry as it seems to be really common with these pills. I still had all the symptoms of aches, pains and moods but no period. I came on 2 weeks after I was due and the pains were pretty bad even for me. Usually I'm like clockwork but the pills seem to have messed my body up a bit. As per above, do a test if you're really worried but I'm sure it will come in time. I know it's easier said than done not to worry...as I was shi**ing myself! Haha! Good luck!! smile x

• Posted

Feel a little bit better now, thank you smile

I've taken the tablets a couple of yrs ago and never had any problems but only took them for a week that time. x

• Posted

I've come on yayyyy smile 1 week later, better late than never! x
  • Posted

Yayyyy!!! Congrats! :D x
  • Posted

Hi, just wondering if anyone didn't have a period after stopping norethisterone, I stopped it 4 weeks ago and I have had no sign of starting my period or any withdrawl bleed, . . . I took 3 pregnancy tests 2 weeks after stopping tablets and all negative and I'm going to do another test if I still don't get my period on friday, . . Just want to know if anyone else has not bled at all after stopping tablets cause I've not come across anyone who hasn't.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Telle

• Posted

Hey, a friend of mind didn't start hers until about 6 weeks after stopping taking them. She also had no signs or bleeds in between. Probably not much help to you, but hopefully will put your mind at ease a little. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.