Will sertaraline stop my dizzyness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new here I've been really ill for 13 months now after the usual tests neurologist says it's anxiety.i can cope with most of my physical symptoms chest pain,short breath,thumping heart,tingling legs ect but I've been extremely dizzy,lightheaded off balance for a year now.i was diagnosed with labarynthytus in 2008 but this wasn't a problem till I got all these other symptoms.im not anxious in the sense of going out and doing things I want to but physically I can't.ive had cbt to no avail.ive tried a few meds but never stuck with them I've been on sertaraline for 11 days now upped to 50 mg on sat I feel so tired and empty emotionally but I have to stick with them I also take 10 mg of diazepam a day.what I want to know is will the sertaraline help my dizzyness cos I can't stand it much longer can't even do the school run thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mango,

Welcome I have recently joined to hopefully get some backup and try and give some.i like you have every sympton you describe plus terrible side pain and have had every test all clear absolutley kills me but hey ho what do you do.I also have essential tremor of the head which shakes.Anyway enough of me I think you are good sticking with the meds.,I took them for about 4 days and could not cope everythingI have tried don't help also had C B T did nothing so still trying to do it without anŷthing so pat yourself on the back for trying to get on with them and hopefully once into your system they will help.Keep posting on here you will get support which does help.Let us know how it goes.Good a Luck.

• Posted

Hi Joan thanks for your reply maybe we could support each other.how long have you been on this awful journey? I unexpectedly lost my job I loved last nov then 2 weeks later my little boy was diagnosed with autism.4 weeks after that I got a pain in my chest googled it and ended up in hospital with a suspected heart attack. cardiologist ruled out heart problems in April after several tests then I got constant sickness for 3 months everyday lost 4 stone in 10 weeks had a endoscopy all clear then I got tingly legs and my vision went funny googled again came up with ms by the end of the week I had every symptom paid privately to see a neurologist who said it was anxiety MRI clear.all through this I've had constant dizzyness 24/7 some days I can't even stand.on a daily basis I also have chest back shoulder neck rib pain,tight phlegmy chest my vision is terrible pounding heart pressure in ears ringing in ears short breathe tired tingling itching this is all day everyday I just don't believe anxiety would make me this ill so if anyone is in the same boat some reassurance would be great.im quite proud of myself for sticking this log with a med but I feel so crap I've got to do something I've hardly left my house in a year I don't feel anxious it's these physical symptoms that stop me functioning x
  • Posted

Hi Mango,

Yes I have got them all and have had all the same tests as you,how do we keep going it is so boring cannot get on with anything,I wait for duvet land at 9.00 pm every night then don't get up until 10.30.where are you in the U.K I am in Essex,if you ever want to pm me feel free.would be nice to keep in touch. X

• Posted

Sorry I did not answer your question have been like it 3 years in August.x
  • Posted

Hi ya where abouts in Essex I am to.i have to keep going for my little boy but it is so hard.do you have constant dizzy lightheaded ness everyday.

I haven't worked out how to pm you yet lol.

• Posted

Hi Mango,

I am in Rayleigh near Southend, click on message under my name and should take you to pm.When you get a reply you will be sent e.mail tells you .Hope you manage it will be nice to keep in touch could always ring you but don't put your number on open forum.x

• Posted

I've had these symptoms, too...Great improvement after weeks of multiple chiropractic treatments. Exceptional chiropractor--had almost given up getting any better. Also hydration helps with dizziness.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes I went to chiropractor but did not have much relieve and wanted another £800 for more treatment and no guarantee obviously so did not pursue it .But glad it works for you.
  • Posted

Joan, I hear you. I've been to those who didn't make a difference, and the cost is prohibitive. I chanced upon someone who had blurred vision, dizziness and nausea who was totally "fixed" by this particular doc.

Some are just more skillful than others.. I had to stop adjustments after 2 months because of the high costs.($50/adjustment--$4,000 for the entire program.)...I suppose you might seek a chiropractor who's helped someone with your problems. I'm sorry you're suffering so much. Dr. Bob Marshall recommends inversion tables (teeters) to heal the spine...Cheaper than a chiropractor! I'm thinking spinal/neck problems are the source of your pain. Prayers.

• Posted

Fast horse,

Thankyou for replying and your prayers.xx

• Posted

Hi Mango,

I hope you're feeling better. I've had a really weird dizziness/nausea problem for a while now, too. It started when I abruptly switched from Celexa (which I had been on for more than 10 years) to Prozac. I've been checked and checked over by docs with no real results. I'm down to two thoughts: CIS (which is the first episode of MS) or Migraine Related Vertigo. While I was on Celexa, my migraines were well controlled and I was never dizzy.

My point is that I think Celexa helped keep away migraines and dizziness. So, I think you may have a good shot here!!! Good luck!!!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply had really bad dizzyness all day today and sickness don't know if it's side effects but I feel like it everyday so who knows.do you not feel it could all just be anxiety I've had 2 clear MRI and neurologist says anxiety and depression but I struggle yo believe that I could be so ill for 13 months without having one good day we haven't done anything for a year.my husbands friend is weaning of sertaraline and has been having a horrendous time he is now on 2 other melds to help so yours could be withdrawal take care x
  • Posted

Hi mango,

Yes I know what you mean we have done nothing for 2 years through anxiety depression hate going out but I won't take meds which I suppose I am my own worse enemy.Take Care.

• Posted

Hi Joan it's gail from southwoodham just wondered how you were getting on? Did you stick with the nortrytoline?r they helping. Hope you r enjoying the sunshine today gailx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.