Will the weight go off?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Before i started taking zyprexa i was weighing roughly 160 pounds but after i started taking zyprexa i balloned up to 210, i tried dieting i only went down to 199 then i plateaued no matter how little calories i was eating i couldnt lose weight, but now im about to stop taking zyprexa do you guys reckon i will be able to lose the extra weight im trying to get down to 180 atleast

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It should do, everyone's different and it may take a bit of time for your metabolism to readjust. In my experience, before going on Zyprexa I weighed 140 pounds, then my weight went up to 171, I started weaning myself off the Zyprexa in December 2015 and even when I was weaning down I started noticing a little weight dropping. I was finally off it come February 2016 and by the May I weighed around 145 and that's where my weight has stayed for the past 2 years. Like I said everyone's different but once off it your metabolism should start to rise and you'll be more awake and energetic so you'll be burning more calories.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.