will these ectopic beats, palpitations and flutters kill me

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI all

I have been having ectopic beats for about a year now, ive has 2 ECG's, the last one about 9 months ago and that was normal (did have a pulse of 89BPM).

I have also had an omron monitor wich showed up nothing.

I am waiting the results of a 6 days holter monitior.

The last few days i have awful ectopics (skipped beats), flutters in chest and throat, a feel of unease and dizzyness.

Whats could be causing them? could i have heart diseas or arrythmia?

i am sooo scared im going to die and my heart will just stop

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Actually extra beats, palpitations fibrillation and or a flutter are fairly common, stay with your doctors, sounds like they are searching for anything out of the way. Normally these are not significant issues and a lot of us live quite normal with some fairly significant arrhythmias.  Maybe avoid caffeine for awhile? Be well...
    • Posted

I don't drink much caffeine at all. I'm just scared my heart will stop before they find out if anything is wrong...I'm scared I have afib or a serious arrhythmia problem or heart disease/failure :-(

• Posted

No need to fear . My  father  have been diagnosed with AF since ten years ago , and do extremely well with digoxin 0.25 micro and metoprolol  twice daily  plus regular bicycling . Holtor monitor was a good option.

Trust your doctor.

Dr. aidin 

• Posted

Just scared it doesn't pick up anything and then I'm still wondering why I'm getting them :-(
  • Posted

This is almost impossible that  it doesnt show any abnormality  , except for when the patient's problem is a psychotic one . Then you must use Trasodone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.