Will they now stop my counselling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i revealed a lot of really scary things last week and am now terrified - will my counsellor will stop any more sessions, i have been through multiple assault and need to explain more but am terrified the same thing will happen again that happened years back, my counselling got cut off! what do i say? how do i tackle this i feel sick about this. help!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi Sam

Do not be afraid of the future. Everyone guesses about the future and often we go back to bad stuff. really tough especially going through mental issues. It is a reminder to myself too Sam. We only have now. feel relieved that you had the counseling and was able to unload. Maybe you can have video counseling. Talk to me, message me. We get through such times together. We will get through it.

• Posted

you've been so kind, how do i pm you and we can chat?

• Posted

sam

You will do the same for me. Let me find out how to pm. Chat to you soon.

• Posted

hi one, i spoke to my counsellor again and she is speaking to me again this week, hopefully i'll get there, my mood goes up and down and i sometimes find it exceptionally difficult to speak. i am learning to trust more now. speak soon.

• Posted

Hi Sam

That's great! Every counseling session works towards your recovery. You will be ok. Even my mood is up and down, so it's human, more so to be kind to yourself when you have gone through so so much. i admire your strength and respect it. Hey Sam, be kindest to yourself. You deserve it truly. Do talk to me about anything. I am here. Hugs.. more hugs.

• Posted

hi one, the counselling will help i'm sure but it doesn't ever make it easy! i feel scared every time i speak to her, but it's not her it's the subject matter. i persevere with the counselling so i can cope and eventually so i can get what we both want - just a single child that's ours.

• Posted

hi one, the counselling will help i'm sure but it doesn't ever make it easy! i feel scared every time i speak to her, but it's not her it's the subject matter. i persevere with the counselling so i can cope and eventually so i can get what we both want - just a single child that's ours.

• Posted

hi sam Let's take it one thing at a time. The counselor is someone you are able to open up to and you trust, that in itself is a huge win. You have seen her before and she knows you. You trust her right? As a counselor she is trained to help you. Be brave and confront the subject matter head on. Let them out. You will surely rise above them, even more than cope. Let's put our mind to this first.

When things improve, you will be stronger and stronger and you can work your plans. So one thing at a time Sam

• Posted

hi one, i understand you. i find talking to her so distressing sometimes! assault is tough - there's reminders everywhere that being raped has lead to all this. my husband desperately wants a family and i can't give him this it breaks my heart and is a persistent reminder how crxx i am. at nearly 47 we need to sort this quickly so i can get the child my husband wants, that's why i"m doing this despite it being so frightening! i can not and will not get to 50 without giving him the kids he wants, otherwise not only have i failed him but i can't show these precious kids to those who think i'm crxx and that includes all my cousin's and wider Catholic family, the worse ones are ditect family who NEVER got this and refuse to accept this is what happened and had they not swept it under the carpet i may have managed better. if i can't sort this i may as well not be here, because it confirms i'm rubbish but even more that the 2 who did this got what they want, me without my child! they even said it to my face - i will see you don't ever have kids. unfair, what have i done wrong.? i have a disability that makes me vulnerable but no that's no good either! i never asked for this, it's breaking my heart. sorry that's how bad i feel over all this. either this works or i end my life. it's simple.

• Posted

Hi Sam

It makes me so angry what those horrible people can do to another human being. I am so privileged that you confide in me what is the worst that happened to you. I seriously salute you for what you are doing. Go for the counseling knowing why you are doing it. that could help face it as it is so horrible to relive those assaults. You have a counselor you trust, that is so important. It is tough enough to find someone like her. Pour everything out, everything. She is trained to help you. It will be great to be a mom, you will certainly be a fantastic mom. I pray for you Sam.

You are a great person no matter what.. whether you have children or not. Please know this. How you handle what's the most horrible thing to happen to a female is beyond my belief! No pressure for now ..first thing, the consultation with counselor. Once you recover, naturally nature will take care of you. You are a good person, believe in yourself. Family can be the worst people believe me. Especially the ones who appear to be such religious goodie goodies. omg! They don't live in my world. I always believe those who are horrible will ger what they deserve. Karma will get the b******s.You will see Sam. You are extremely extremely resilient. I am so honoured to know you. You teach me so much. I know now I can overcome anything because of you.

I am here for you. Always. Please talk to me anytime. We are under the same English sky. YOU ARE SPECIAL SAM. VERY SPECIAL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.