Will things ever be normal again?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is it normal to still be bleeding almost 4 weeks post op? (myomectomy) I had a week of bleeding then 10 days without which was lovely, then it started again with mild cramps and yesterday the pain was worse and the bleeding was heavier. I even felt that familiar 'gush' while at work and had to quickly pop in the toilet to change. Today it's lighter again which is a relief but it's still showing no signs of stopping. I also feel completely wiped out all the time, I've been tired all the time prior to surgery anyway but now I'm just feeling completely drained.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor said you can bleed for 3 months up to a year.  I recently talked another lady who had it done and it took her a year.  I had a mymectomy and ablation on 4/3 - my ablation failed and now have to have a hysterectomy.  They did not get the full fibroid and it has since doubled in size.  I have been bleeding heavy off and on from Feb 13th.  I am sooooo done with this - anyways I wish you the best and have a successful recovery - sending good vibes to you!
    • Posted

Thank you. I initially begged for a hysterectomy just so I know it's all over but my consultant convinced me that this would work, I'm yet to be convinced and I'm just fed up with it all! I can't imagine how you must be feeling after going through all that and now having to face more surgery bless you, I hope they get you sorted soon. I've got to see her again on the 31st July to discuss what happens next. (possibly having a hysteroscopy) I haven't yet had the results of the biopsy either but I guess no news is good news!

• Posted

Biopsy results were all good. Now waiting for an appointment to have the hysteroscopy then fingers crossed I'll be discharged from her care. The bleeding settled for the last 2 cycles - on time, light and only lasting 3 days which was bliss but this time it's early and a bit heavier again (nothing like it was before the op though) I just hope this is as bad as it gets, I can cope with that! lol

• Posted

Well I had the hysteroscopy on Friday, they found and removed a polyp! I now have to wait 2-3 weeks for the results of that, hopefully then there'll be no more hospital appointments for a while! lol Still only lasting 3 days and isn't particularly heavy so I'm happy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.