Will this ever clear up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a year ago i went to the doctor with an intensively itching anus. He told me it was a fungal issue and prescribed Canestan HC cream. This seemed to do the trick in the short term but the issue did come back. The intense itching and also some bleeding that seem to go hand in hand, I thought could also be piles. I find it quite hard to clean the area after a bowel movement and too much cleaning makes the area sore, not cleaning enough leads to more itching... its a catch 22 !

I do a lot of walking and this too is almost too painful at times.

The area is now so stingy and sensitive that even a Bidet is painful.

Was wondering if people have similar issues and how they have dealt with them

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hello....

I had same issues as you. Some 5 years ago a person on here suggested to end my use of any toilet paper and change into baby wipes, which I did. Back then I scratched dozens of times with same sad results as yours. Perhaps 2-3 weeks into baby wipes my scratching started to dismiss. From say 20 scratching cycles on any given day to 1 or 2 right now. And I am a male of 62 years. Try and good luck.

• Posted

I could give that a try. I did read elsewhere that baby wipes could cause irritation also

• Edited

There are lots of baby wipes... I buy some that have Vitamin E... without scents... I never got any irritation. Try that. Baby wipes are softer and you can pull them to make em larger... Good luck!

• Edited

i use wet toilet paper and clean up inside as well. try not to push too. I have suffered too but am way better since doing that. If you have itching i suggest calmoseptine ointment. Works the best!

• Posted

Greetings. My original post to this forum addressed exactly that. I had a toenail fungus and was treated for that with topical as well as oral anti fungal and unknowingly that cleared up the anal itching. It was miraculous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.