Will this induce mania?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi so I know most of you won’t approve and I don’t need a lecture, sorry to be blunt, but I just want to be manic again. 

I’m on 400mg of aripiprazole monthly.

Introduced coffee and I’ve noticed I’m starting to go up in mood and quite fast paced. 

Just got fluoxetine off the doctor and it’s prescribed as 20mg but I’m going to take 40mg (fluoxetine alone has made me manic twice in the past).

So my question is,

Will this make me manic or will I have to stop my aripiprazole depo to reach mania (will the antipsychotic counteract the antidepressant?)

Also is it safe to start fluoxetine at 40mg?

And if you’re wondering why I want to be manic is because a few months back I was seeing my dead best friend and I want to see her again. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is important to follow the Dr's advice on dosage or else you may go downward in a spiral of doom. Bipolar meds are hard to judge correctly so be cautious and take professional advice.

• Posted

Karen,

I think you misunderstood the main aim of this forum. We try to help people here, not make their condition worse. Your question should be asked on bluelight - perhaps fellow psychonauts would be willing to help.

With such adventurous attitude towards neuroleptics, you should consider inpatient treatment. This is the only reasonable recommendation I can come up with...

• Posted

Karen, no amounts of meds will help you see your dead best friend, this was probably a form of psychosis and you will end up very poorly trying to find the right cocktail of meds to see her again, my advice is to speak to a family or friend about what you've expressed in this post, hopefully then they will realise you are/ were clearly falling into an episode and need care from them. Love & peace XX

• Posted

Thank you but I think it’s too late I’m off the rails not experiencing psychosis wish I would have seen this message before I did what I did I made a new post don’t know how to get my life back in control now that I’m off the rails thank you though. I’m just going through it at the minute don’t know if I’m just off the rails or if bipolar is acting up 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.