1.25 - 10 - 14 days

1.00 - 10 - 14 days

0.75 - 10 - 14 days

0.50 - 10 - 14 days

0.25 - jump

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raya, sounds like a good plan to me. Don't beat yourself up if you have a hi up along the way. 

• Posted

Thanks Aspinan! I can't go back to work until after I'm done this, that's whats stressing me out.

• Posted

You've only been on them for 8 weeks although don't know how many per day so tapering as planned should be ok. 

• Posted

I would agree with that, just carry on and you will be fine
  • Posted

Hi Raya what benzo are you on? I believe Valium is an easier taper due to the longer half life. What amount were you taking for 8 weeks?
    • Posted

Hey Shane,  I'm on Ativan,  the highest was 3mg a day for five days

• Posted

Hi Raya, the early reductions will be the easiest as you get down to smaller doses it is more uncomfortable. Your reduction plan looks good and you should do fine given the amount of Ativan and length of time you were taking them. If it starts to get tough just hold at that dose until you adjust before reducing again. Although tempting try not to up dose.

Good Luck you can do this! Update your progress here you will get lots of Support!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.