Will this Prozac work? Will I get my life back?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, please help! I've been taken Prozac for 8 days (no time at, but sorry I'm desperate to feel better!!) I'm taking it for anxiety and depression. I've noticed my anxiety at morning times is 10 x worse since starting it and I feel incredibly sick, with no appetite at all? Did anyone else feel this way? Does it ever stop? I just feel hopeless at the moment and would love to hear from someone who has got through this time, or has any advice!

Kirsty x

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 12 and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope, sorry to sound so dramatic but I've never felt this sick for this long, it lasts 6 - 10 hours! I feel like it will never end. Please some words of reassurance, what should I do? X

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

if its any consolation im feeling bad today too, more shaky. Im nearly three weeks into an increased dose. Ive been quite lazy for two days its been roughly 40 degrees here in Australia too hot to go out even for a walk to distract me.

i know this is a hard process and only you can decide whether to keep going on prozac. You will have to start again on new med with maybe the same symptoms, but maybe you will be lucky and not! 

Could you go and see a chemist they may advise you on anti nausea med that you could try, i know ginger is good for nausea, ie ginger beer.

The sick feeling will go im sure, im having more of it on the dose increase. 

Im really hopeful this med will work for us!

x🌺

• Posted

It's like morning sickness x make sure your snacking . It's a major side efffect of this tablet .

• Posted

Did you feel all over the place at first? A little manic and fuzzy headed? I just feel quite weird and that's scaring me a bit x

• Posted

So after speaking to an on-duty doctor again today because I feel so blooming awful they too have said I need to come off the Fluoxetine/Prozac as the side effects I'm having are too much to deal with.

I'm told by the gp that it's a long living medication so will stay in my system for roughly a week, she even told me she has one patient that only takes one tablet a week to keep 'even' I never knew that were even possible?!

The doctor still wants me to give PAROXETINE a try after being off Prozac for four days.

I'm so scared that I'll get withdrawal after being on prozac for 12 days, the doctor said I haven't been on it long enough for that to happen, but I'm thinking it's had such a massive impact on my body already that I'm worried I will get it?

Please please please any continued advice from you wonderful people is greatly appreciated X

• Posted

Hi Kirsty x I'm surprised a doctor said to come off this early . Is only a few weeks you've been on them ? Are you being sick ? In thinking of coming them too as my mood has not lifted that much but over 12 weeks I'm worried too .

• Posted

I've been on them 12 days and the side effects are unbearable! I can't sleep, I'm jittery, shakey, feel sick constantly and was physically sick last night! Doctor said if the cons out way the pros this much that they can't be right for me? X

• Posted

That's not long . I had terrible symptoms but was not being sick . It's really upto you . I was to anxious to stop at the start . Weeks 4-8 were the worst for me

• Posted

The symptoms I've had have been so severe that I just can't cope any longer, it's been affecting my ability to look after my kiddies. Back to the drawing board for me! sad X

• Posted

Hi,

?I have been on 40mg of Prozac for 4.5 weeks. Started with 20 mg and worked up. Terrible morning also with horrible anxiety. I take a half of Xanax when I need it. The other thing I have done that has helped with anxiety is the products by BACH Flower Remedies, and this has really helped, all natural.Check it out, Amazon carries it. Do you have good days thinking it is getting better, then one day it is terrible again? Two steps forward and one back. Then you start telling your self it will never get better.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.