Will this weight gain end???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Seriously...I've been on sertraline for 9 months now (there was a break of a few weeks when I was trying Cymbalta for anxiety and pain but was not happy so I switched back).  Anyway, I understood my initial weight gain.  I had an appetite again.  But then I saw the scale going up a bit so I started watching what I was eating.  The weight is still going up!  I do exercise when I can as well.  Is this going to just keep going up and up?  I see it mainly in my belly and thighs.  Anyone have any thoughts about this?  How did you at least stop the gain and/or lose weight on this medicine?  I am not surprised by some weight gain...I read about it before I even took the medicine...but 15 pounds?  I will admit to about half of that I gained that I didn't care.  But I wanted to stop at that (I had lost a ton of weight when I was having anxiety attacks and such)...but after that I didn't want it to keep going.  

Sorry...I guess there could be worse things happening than this but it's really bugging me.  sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I gained a ton of weight in Zoloft. 😢 I thought it was just me but the more I read the more I realized it could be the medication. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn’t lose weight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.