Will this workload kill me

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last two months I've been working really hard as I'm going back to college in a few months and I'm just trying to get money sorted. Ive always worked about 30 to 40 hours a week , which had no more stress then most jobs did. However, two months ago I took on a second job which is night work and that gives me 40 hours two. So the last two months I've been going through 70 to 90 hour workloads. this week I got 105 hours and I'm half ways through it and I'm starting to feel terrible. I was plagued with palpitations yesterday and my anxiety is going through the roof.

My biggest fear is that all this stress could give a heart attack or I could go into psychosis or something. what's the worst thing that could happen to me if this continues.

I'm 20 years old and throughout this i get as much sleep as I can , maybe 5 to 7 hours a night. I also eat very nutritionally as well , I juice veggies everyday but I also go

Very long times without eating like 7 to 8 hours.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First of all you are working too many hours and waiting too many hours to eat. Your blood sugar drops if you wait too long in between to eat. That could cause some anxiety and other health problems. I know you want to make money, but if you get sick they're goes your money. Your too young to feel this way. Try to make some time for yourself and have some fun.
  • Posted

You meed to eat every few hours. Nutrition bars are an easy way to do that. Working two jobs temporarily wont kill you one full time and one oart time, not two full time that too much.but you need to be sure you get to eat properly and regularly. Do you normally get anxious? Or is this a sugar low?  What kind of jobs do you have? Manual heavy lifting? Usually one job should be low stress as it is an extra.105 hrs is way too much. Seventy hours a week total should be the ultimate limit here for the two jobs. You are a human being too. Dont trade your health for this.you have your whole life ahead of you. I use to take on extra job at times when i was younger as well, but never at the expense of health. 
  • Posted

Hey Gary,

This seems like too much work.

Are both jobs completely necessary? 

• Posted

Money isnt everything Gary cut down your hours and look after yourselfcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.