willpower and advice needed!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, been on the blueys two weeks now. was very excited to start with and had been following sw for a while. continued on this the first week but had twouble getting my fat content per meal up to the 12-15g as required. This alst week, just given up and scoffing as before. my problem is i eat too much rather than too much fat, so not had any incidents yet, but not lost anything either. feel i'm wasting the tablets. can anyone help to get me back on track. is sw not a good diet to follow on these tabs? i just can't seem to eat enough fat on it without compromising my sin values. Help!!Thanks

triffid

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya's

My first post here, but I'm on my 4th month of the blueys and lost 3st 2lbs so far.

I can only speak for myself, everyone is different, you need to find what is right for you.

but I can say, not once have I looked at the fat content of anything,

I keep hearing people say you have to eat a certain amount of fat for the blueys to work

and I say to myself 'so you haven't eaten enough fat for them to work,

but surely its a good thing because your not putting the fat inside you for the blueys to then have to get rid of via orange oil' lol

And you'll soon find out if you have eaten too much fat .. eek lol

Slimming World is an excellent diet to follow, not sure about combining it with the blueys tho, I've never tried it,

but from what I remember you get 'free foods'? So I'd maybe suggest keeping within your sin values, and scoffing on free foods, yum yum

good luck and keep at it, you will find what works for you, then if your anything like me, you'll just fall into a pattern,

I'm losing an average of 2lbs a week now without even thinking about it .. If I can do it .. anyone can :-)

• Posted

Hey!

Thank you so much for your lovely reply and good advice. I was unsure about combining the two and thought I might have to use one or the other. What you say makes sense.

well done! with all your weight loss so far - thats brilliant. I only hope i can lose a similar amount. I think my main downfall is weighing myself everyday and expecting a miracle, which I know these tablets are not.

Time to stop worrying as much as just be as sensible as you I think!

Once agian, thank you for your help

T

• Posted

*laughs*

thats soo me! I ditched my scales, I kinda got OCD on them,

jumping on them morning noon and night :roll:

I now rely on the scales at my doctors and I have had soo many ups

and downs there, room 2 weigh me 8 lbs lighter, room 6, 8lbs heavier,

now I refuse to get weighed on any scales except the ones in room 15 *grins*

My doc says I'm such a drama queen .. she's right :lol:

your right too, these tablets arn't a miracle, but they are a start lol :wink:

• Posted

Yep, the OCD sounds familiar. I'm always hopping on and off mine, think I'll have to get hubby to hide them for my own good!

My docs scales weigh me about half a stone heavier than my own, so thats not too good. The wii fit weighs me about a stone lighter, so I can always hop on that after I've been to the docs, to \"cheer \" myself up a bit!!!

Thank you for cheering me up and helping me to keep going.

T x

• Posted

Oooh how do you get on with the wii fit? Do you use it daily? or is it one of those things where the novelty wears off and it goes in the cupboard unused?

I'm hoping Santa will get me a wii and wii fit for Christmas *crosses fingers*

p.s Dear Santa I have been good .. ok ok I can explain ....

• Posted

its really good actually, you don't even realise you are exercising. It just feels like you're having good fun. I wish I could use it daily but I run a B&B, so am \"on call\" 24/7. We tend to use it more when we are \"guest free\", as it can get a bit rowdy!

Its brilliant fun though if you get a few mates round and all join in the fun. But you can also do serious exercise too if you want to, so you have the best of both worlds.

Now the B&B season is over, I hope to use it a bit more often.

They really are great fun, I can't recommend it enough. You don't have to be good at sports to use it either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.