wind pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Help !! I'm 4 days post VTH and I'm in agony with wind and constipation it's worse than I thought it would be any suggestions would be good😊

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

You need Oil of Peppermint, 2/3 drops in a glass of water 3 times a day,  for a few days, this will stop the 'gas' pain.  Also take a stool softener and Movicol (you can take up to 3 a day). Don't laughlol (well go on, my Hubby and I were rolling up at this one, but I promise you it works!) when you need to have a bowel movement  you need a large book or case to put your feet on.  Lean your elbows on your thighs and rock backwards and forwards and ........ wait for it .......... Moo (yes moo) very slowly, it releases the diaphram muscle so you do not have to strain at all.  

I was extremely grateful for this advice, I had a vaginal hysterectomy with bladder and bowel being repositioned, so I was extremely nervous about doing any damage to my bowel, but this method has got me through (I am 10 weeks now) with no pain and no problems.  I do hope this helps you.  Let me know how you get on.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

That's great advice Jacqui and the book in the loo does help. 🌻🌻🌻
    • Posted

Hi Maxine

Excellent idea to have a book handy, I think all the laughing before you get to do any mooing helps as well!  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I feel for you, I had the same problem and it took over my thoughts, it made me feel bunged up and awful. I tried peppermint capsules, peppermint in my tea, movicol, dulcolax but the only thing that helped me within 24 hours was lactulose which is what they gave me in hospital. I think everyone reacts differently, it's trial and error until you find the one that works for you. Hope you soon get relieved, I know it's vile x

• Posted

I feel your pain xxx but you're only really just through the op. The pain will ease daily I promise - I didn't open my bowels for 9 days post VTH and bladder repositioning and it was total agony. Jacqui is right about the way you should open your bowels - it worked for me after 4 days of suppositories and Fybogel. Get help from your GP for this, drink gallons of water and eats loads of fruit.

Hang in there - it's early days for you. I'm nearly 4 weeks post-op and feel so much better and you will too xx

Sue

• Posted

Hi. I found peppermint tea made stools quite loose so killed two birds with one stone. Lol. PsJacqui told me about the rocking just after i went through it too 3 weeks ago and it really does work smile its early days so you are at the worse point for it. It will get better soon
  • Posted

Thanks well I'm on lactulose from hospital opened bowels twice which was diarrhoea soz 😕 but can't get rid of the bloated and pooping which is very smelly soz again😕 I'm on antibiotics too and injections for blood clotting so feel very down and fed up with all the pills at the moment I feel like I'm burning down below still too😢
    • Posted

Hi. Id stop taking lactulose if you still are. I was told only take it if contipated or leave it if not. Antibiotics can cause diarrhoea as I remember when my little girl was poorly as a baby in nappies which was lovely. They can also delay the healing of the wounds so hopefully once you finished your course you will actually start to feel better. Hang in there its only a few days post op. It will get better. I know easier said than done but try to occupy your time with books, dvds and Sleep with walking round too to get over the first week. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.