Wine with Prozac

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on my third week of Prozac. I still get nauseous in the morning and my appetite is up and down. The other night I went to a Xmas party and had a little too much wine. I can’t express how awful I felt the next day! Ugghhh!!! I was on Paxil for 20 years and just started on 20mg of Prozac three weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m wondering if it is because I’m only in week three and my body is still adjusting to the meds or is this to be expected from here on out?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi kati.. maybe it is just because prozac is still trying to adjust to your body.. and I suppose it depends how much you had to drink lol..

I have a glass or wine or cider most nites, just a chill out one, and for ME , it does not  effect me at all, I’m on 60mg and it’s now been 6mth since I started Prozac, and IF I go out I would still drink what I felt like, but that’s ME.. don’t stop your life because of Prozac just give it chance to get in your body, and hopefully you will be fine, it’s xmas so enjoy .. big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Thavks dawn!!! I LOVE cider as well!!! I’m going to give these meds some time to get working!!!! 
  • Posted

Yep I still drink whilst on fluoxetine and fortunately it doesn't cause me any problems. Wouldn't want to give up my ale!

• Posted

Its early days yet love !! Drink and floux don't mix well when your new to them and your system is adjusting to them

.I've been on them a long time and I can drink , but only moderately xxx

• Posted

Thank you Pam! Yes I thinks it’s because I’m only on week three. With Paxil I didn’t have the hangover like I did yesterday and a little in to today 😩 I feel foggy and shaky. I think I will give the meds more time to work before I drink again!!

• Posted

Hi Kati!! Yes go easy on ya drinking for a while lol !! These meds alter our brain and so does alcohol , so its no wonder the two collide!!! I've been down that rd too at the start years ago!! Not nice!!, but now I can have a few doubles and just feel tipsy . Also I've found that if I'm having a bout of anxiety, drinkinh makes me feel worse , so steer clear ! I sound like an alki, but I'm not !!!!! Xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.