Wing and a Prayer

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am throwing a "hail mary" here by posting for help/guidance. I have been dealing with stomach issues for over 2 years now. I am 44 and they started at age 42 seemingly out of NOWHERE. I have done every test you can do with my GI including colonoscopy, endoscopy, breath test, stool tests, blood work, barium CT scan, ultrasound, etc, etc. Nothing has been found that could be causing my symptoms. Only thing they found through everything is small polyps on my gallbladder so they removed that but it did not help at all...in fact it probably made things worse. The gist of my issue is a constantly growling/gurgling stomach and alternating diarrhea and constipation. Sounds like IBS right? I tried low FODMAPS for 6 weeks with no improvement. Currently doing Keto but still no improvement. Also tried just standard meat, veggies, rice/potato diet as well...nothing helps. Sometimes I have terrible gas as well. I just do not know where to turn so I was hoping someone on here may have had/currently have a similar battle and can offer insight? Oddly enough, one of my GI doctors asked me when my symptoms started in relation to the COVID vaccine. I did the research and it was exactly 2 weeks after my first vaccine shot that all of this started. I am not saying this is the cause, just bringing it up because my GI said this wouldn't be the first time he had heard of symptoms occurring after vaccination. The growling happens worst when I lay down on my back, just constant every 15-30 secs it growls. The interesting thing is that if I lay on my RIGHT side, it goes away. If I am on my back or left side, it persists...weirdest thing ever. The constipation was real bad, just tiny pebbles and very uncomfortable stomach. That lasted months and then it mellowed out and became normal. Now it is the opposite, all loose stools. I also get the classic "lump in my throat" and slight nausea feeling sometimes too. No matter how much I search online, I cannot find anyone that has had similar experiences so I am running out of ideas, especially since my GI doctors are not sure what the deal is either. They even treated me for SIBO even though my breath test was not a positive, had me on antibiotics for 2 weeks but no change. Some have said it is stress/anxiety. That makes sense somewhat as I do have anxiety (not on any meds, just mild anxiety) from time to time but my issue with that diagnosis is that if it was stress, wouldn't I have good days and bad days based on my stress level? I don't...it's pretty consistently bad every day with little-to-no reprieve. Lastly, just as background on me, I am an amateur endurance athlete so I swim/bike/and run in training everyday. Health-wise, I am in great shape minus this stomach issue. So...after all of that said, any ideas? I know it's a lot but again, asking for any help from anyone that can relate at this point.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.