Winter Is Coming .....

Posted , 10 users are following.

......to New Zealand in about four months. Autumn is almost upon us with its cooler weather, and this is my first cold weather spell with LP. I need tips for clothes and how to get around the "no knickers AKA underwear" dilemma. I really can't wear anything near the target zone because of the pressure. All summer it's been long skirts outside and longish mumu type garments around the house.

NZ has a temperate climate which is good in one way but bad in another. eg, most houses don't have central heating or air con because we just don't need it. We light the fire or turn on the gas heater in winter and rug up warm to go out. But what to wear out? I used to wear trousers over warm leggings over underwear..... Now not an option. So it's long heavier skirts, but are there leggings that don't have crutches and can one still get knitted leg warmers? And if so, where? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. We still have a few months to go but better be prepared.

And this may sound silly, but am I likely to get a chill in nether regions which won't be good for my condition? Or anything to be prepared for? Wish I had a house on other side of the world too so I could never have a winter lol

awaiting all clothing suggestions from other kiwi ladies especially ..... Xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I apologize if this question makes anyone cringe. I have been going commando and wearing nitegowns as often as possible. However, my upper thighs rub and it makes things worse. I find being cold "down under" is better than warmth. Doesn't help my legs but it helps the sore parts. Does anyone have a suggestion?

• Posted

Can't help you the Barbara,  have lost so much weight since diagnosis that I don't have rubbing.

As for the commando, I have been commandoing everywhere for months, long skirts and baggy pants hurrah! I'm getter long leg warmers with elasticity knitted in to keep them up also stockings and grader belts. 

• Posted

I think there are anti chafing creams for areas like the thighs.
    • Posted

That's garter belts ...... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.