winter months?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi people, just wondering,  does your condition tend to worsen over the winter months? And if so how do you prepare for this if you have to go out? I am off to work and I have noticed this morning that it is quite chilly, obviously if I wear warmer clothing it would help, but already ive noticed my back pain starting to come back, it is also tingly, my hips and knees have stiffened and im getting a lot more aches and pains

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i am worse in extremes hot like this summer or extreme cold, at the moment its just right for me, arent we a funny lot ,dosent seem to be a set pattern does there ,

when its really cold, i tend to use heat patches the ones that stick over your clothing say on a tee shirt with a jumper on top that tends to warm me up all over when it gets going,

have you tried thermal vests and leggings you can get some really nice modern ones these days ,and light weight so go under clothing easy.

for your feet get your self some fleecy type innersoles ,or thermal socks.

look also for a fleece body warmer that you can wear indoors better than walking around in a jacket and it keeps your back and neck protected from draughts which i find the worst for causing stiffness and pain.hope iv been of some help .try and have a good day.

• Posted

Haha its good that we are quite ok for most months, yh I tend to be the same actually but more on colder months, this morning at 6 was quite chilly! Think I may have to buy some heat packs now lol, the colds affected me all over today, stiff everywhere and have a few pains but im fine, just to fight through it smile thanks
  • Posted

Iam always worse in winter but as Tina said we are all that we bit different ,I lost my job last year as I couldn't get out the door in cold weather , at the moment I am in pain and I have my heating on , but I would go with Tina if your still able to work then get some thermals on 
  • Posted

Hi Isobelle3

I am deffinatly worst in the colder weather, my skin feels more sore and my whole body throbs.Even though I wrap myself up warmer. Come back sunshine we need you!

• Posted

hi i think theres about 6weeks a year that i am ok

its either to hot and feel swollen with pins and needles

or i'm so cold i feel stiff and brusied. iv been told dry heat is good for us somewhere like Madrid would be good .if only.

• Posted

I've not had a winter with Fibro yet, I am noticing as it gets cold my hands and fingers are getting more painful.

i guess I have all the rest to look toward yo over the winter months, oh goody!

😒

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.