Wiped out after antibiotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've just taken a course of antibiotics and my body is now feeling totally wiped out. Apart from live yoghurt what would be the best things to eat to replenish my energy levels. I feel like my body is craving something but am not sure what.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Live yoghurt is a good start - but maybe you would do better with a good probiotic? Thats a high dose of the good bacteria. But remember, you had the antibiotic for an infection - and the infection as well as the antibiotic will have run you down. It'll take a couple of weeks at least to recover fully from that.

• Posted

I will try a probiotic and see if that helps. That's true the infection might have made me more run down too as well. Will try and eat as much healthy food as I can to try and boost my immune system.

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.