Wisdom tooth extraction under general anaesthetic and risk of nerve damage

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone had one of those operations?

How did it go and was nerve damage an issue?

Many thanks !

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Babs,

I had my top right wisdom removed in June of last year. This was under sedation so I was awake but dopey. I was warned of possible damage to my sinus as the top teeth can be close but I didn't experience any problems and am getting my left one removed in the morning.

Can I ask why your going down the anaesthetic route? Sedation helped me with nerves and you recover much quicker

• Posted

Thanks so much Rachel! So glad all went ok for you do far and my very best wishes for the next one!

They said it might take longer than 30 mins they have with local sedation to remove...I also wanted local, not sure whether to insist, did yours take long?

Best wishes and thanks again!

• Posted

My appointment was at 915 this morning and I'm out shopping already. I really feel fine and you don't feel an ounce of pain. If it's a bottom one your having removed I can't comment as I still have both my bottom ones. If you're your going down the anaesthetic route due to nerves, speak to your surgeon/dentist about sedation. It may be possible for you and is much easier to recover from.

I was in the hospital for max a hour and a half but most of that is in the recovery room just monitoring your blood pressure and pulse.

I hope yours goes ok but speak to them about sedation, it may be better for you x

• Posted

So glad it went so well for you Rachel!

Mine is a bottom one...

Would prefer local and sedation for sure, will ask them again.

Thanks again and warm wishes!

• Posted

Mine went fine. No problems.
    • Posted

Thanks very much Gloria!

Was it top or bottom one?

What anaesthetic did you have?

Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.