Wisdom tooth removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 days ago i had my wisdom tooth removed, it was pretty much badly impacted and hard work to get out. I was under local anaesthetic. Does anyone know why the site is bleeding everytime i open my mouth?

I went to a&e last night because i was concerned of the bleeding which stops and starts and only for a second. They said my swelling is really bad, and gave me gauzes. Will it ever stop bleeding? I cant even open my mouth from the bruising.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

not sure why its bleeding ask a doctor if u can take pain meds designed to help swelling go down but ultimately see your dentist asap before this gets any worse you can also call your tentist and ask them for advice keep in mind if it was that badly impacted that means they had to cut the area around impacted tooth to be able to reach it so they could pull it out did they stick up the area?
    • Posted

Ive rang the plan where i got it taken out at and they said he doesnt see patients after theyve had it done!! How bad is that!! So ive made an appointment with my lovely dentist to have a look at it. To me it looks infected but a&e said it wasnt. Just really worrying as ive heard people die of these things

• Posted

the worst you can do is stress about it the more you stress the harder it is for your body to heal also i has my wisdom tooth out its no biggie some people bleed more then others when a wisdom tooth is impacted they have to cut the gum line to be able to get the tooth out i would say use tha gauze and sit up straight if u need to sleep sleep upright so u body can clot the area also look for a mouthrise designed for teeth that have been pulled i.e. a medical mouth wash ib profun will help bring down the swelling

also ask your dentist if he can stitch up the area to help it heal better

• Posted

Im just at the dentist now, the worst thing is i cant take ibuprofen as im allergic, so just ice for now. They did say at the hospital that the stitches look fine, otherwise he said he wouldve put some more in. Ill see what the dentist says now, thats if i can get my mouth open 😤Its a nightmare, starting to wish i hadnt had it done now

• Posted

Turns out its infected so ive been given antibiotics. Even more to worry about now
  • Posted

An oral and maxillofacial surgeon or your dentist can remove (extract) a wisdom tooth. The procedure often can be done in the dentist's or surgeon's office. You may have the surgery in the hospital, especially if you are having all your wisdom teeth pulled at one time or if you are at high risk for complications.

If you have any infections, surgery will usually be delayed until the infection has cleared up. Your doctor or dentist may have you take antibiotics to help heal the infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.