Wise words!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I spotted this and thought anyone feeling under pressure might find it helpful:-

To protect your energy.......

It's okay to cancel a commitment

It's okay to not answer a call

It's okay to change your mind

It's okay to want to be alone

It's okay to take a day off

It's okay to do nothing

It's okay to speak up

And it's okay to let go!!!

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Amen! Altho i feel badly about cancelling my massage appointment 3 xs in a row. Never been yet and now im embarrassed to show my face. Need to give her an apology gift. Left a message explaining i had a chronic illness. So from now on i call for an appointment on that day which is what i initially did but my daughter botched it up. Lol.

• Posted

I've had to cancel lots of things in the past due to not being well enough to go and used to sit and feel really guilty about it all the time. Guilt is a strong emotion which wastes even more energy and makes you feel even worse. Making an appointment on the day or the day before is definitely a better idea. This illness fluctuates so much if you make an appointment in advance you have no way of knowing how you'll feel on the day. Yesterday I ended up with a last minute dentist appointment as a filling came out (I'm terrified of the dentist so was totally stressed out!). Today I feel dreadful and although there are lots of things I should be doing I've decided to have a day off. I'm keeping my phone switched off for a few hours and am having a lazy day and I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I didn't choose to have this illness but I can choose how I use my energy and time so today I choose rest!!!

• Posted

Elaine,

Wise words indeed. The only problem is in some societies and jobs, many of these wise words are not an option. Some of us rely on supplements and boosters to keep us going

• Posted

Although I paced myself over Christmas and rested plenty I think the constant presence of family and visits from friend's has taken it's toll.

Yesterday I cancelled going for a cuppa at a friend's house.

This morning my phone rang and seeing it was a friend who likes to chat for an hour I didn't answer.

My husband asked if I still wanted to go to the market, I said no.

Currently laying on the bed in my PJ's having not got showered and dressed..... probably won't today.

Oh what a drag M.E/C.F.S is........

• Posted

I know how you feel! I never woke up until about 10 today and have only just managed to get dressed just now. I think over the Christmas period we all push ourselves way beyond our limits trying to join in and please people and end up paying the price afterwards. I feel totally wiped out now.

I've decided in January I'm not making any silly New Year resolutions I won't manage to keep. Instead I'm going to have a 'me month' to recover. I'll do the essentials but will be saying 'no' to anything else unless I feel up to it and I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Plants and animals rest in winter so why shouldn't people.

I'm totally exhausted so it's okay to have a rest!!!

• Posted

I like the sound of a 'me month' and will also be having one. 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.