Wise words

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I went to see my chiropractor today. There is always a homily or saying of the month in the practice & today's I found quite apt for us all. It said ....

It's not about being THE best today, it's about being the best YOU were yesterday

Thought I'd pass it on. Even though you've probably seen it before.

Happy healing all

Marilyn

XX

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Marilyn,

I love it! What a good saying that is. Thank you for sharing. I just got through texting a friend of mine to decline to go to bunco at her house this month. I feel like people must think I'm exaggerating or something, because it's taking so much longer than I think they think it should. I'm about 6 1/2 weeks out now and have not done anything social yet. I told my friend I had to say no because I had already excepted something the night before and the night after and I know that three nights in a row will do me in. I told her maybe I shouldn't have even have excepted the things I have. These social activities are for a week from now, but I don't know if I will be pain-free enough by then. If it was tonight, there would be no way I could go. The days are getting better but the nights aren't. Every night when I go to bed, I take a Tylenol, I lay down and I start hurting. Then I get up and go to the couch and lay down, then I come back to bed and lay down. I go back-and-forth all night and as soon as it's time to take an Oxseecodone I do. Actually, last night was terrible for me and I took three Oxsee's. I'm supposed to be reducing them and finding it very very difficult. The saying that you saw at your chiropractors office couldn't be better for me to read today.

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I'm glad you enjoyed the saying, I thought it was apt.

I'm so sorry you are in pain. The surgeons do not make it clear how hard it is after the op. It is not an easy recovery. I have started getting pain around my kneecap! There's always something.

I totally agree about not being able to go out 3 days running! Not sure if I could do 2 even, you're wise having a day off in between.

I wish you a decent, painless night tonight.

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

It's a great saying.  I've been slow in getting a bend in my knee (8 weeks post op - 80/-115) but actually you can get hung up on the numbers.  It's improving all the time albeit slowly and I'm minded that action actually it's as straight as it was before the op so everything from here is an improvement.  Happy healing everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.