Wish I could get answers....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Went to new obgyn and showed him my journal and list of symptoms and he just cant believe all of this is caused from peri..He did a bunch of blood work and looked at insides and all my pictures look good...Blood not back yet so we will see what that shows...he says with all my symptoms that it has to be 2 or 3 different things goin on...so frustrating...i liked him alot cause he didnt look at me like i was nuts and was very concerned with trying to find out whats goin on.....so here I am on couch with no get up and go stomach is making all kinds of noises and eyes are goofy and just feel weak....anybody else feel like you swell up under breastbone and bra gets tight??I seem to always get chest pain and sick to stomach and just feel off after my period....not bad before period but terrible after it for a good week...Ok im done now.....lol. Thank you ladies...

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi laurie..

oh hun, no i cant say i had a swelling under the breast bone feeling ever in peri..

bra not too tight is it... tight clothing can make use feel achey ... 

i now wear sloggi soft bras for comfort most of the time in the day... 

i do suffer with gurgley tummy and digestive problems, but i now take a pro biotic for that... 

i always felt sickly before a period, never after, especially when i got to the last two periods a year..

i am now just menopause .. 

we are all different hun...,try to relax as worrying never helps ...

jay jayxx 

• Posted

Thank Jay!!!I always love hearing from you and all your advise is so helpful!!!!Hugs 
    • Posted

Jay you are just brilliant...That's all I want to say xx 
    • Posted

Hi toddpodd

😃. thank you sweets.. 😑

Jay Jay xx

• Posted

It is so hard to figure out what is causing what. Peri seems to come at a time in life where there are many other big life issues out there that can cause concern and sleeplessness, anxiety and depression as well. I have been altering foods and drinks lately to see if things like caffeine, sugar, processed foods, flour, and so forth are causing any of these symptoms. I do seem to feel better over all when I really limit processed foods and sugar. Fresh fruit and protein seem to help balance things out as well as cutting back on caffeine. Forced exercise is the last thing you usually want to do, but even taking a walk seems to be helpfuls sometimes. I have tried some of hte B complex supplements and they seem to help. I know that's not much in specifics, but maybe you will find something that's been bothering you by looking into the foods you are eating. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hang in there!

• Posted

I try to keep track of foods and only caffeine i have is a couple cups of coffee...I do enjoy a couple beers now and then but dont feel bad after i drink them or next day....thanks for repl and im on b6 and d vit....hugs
    • Posted

Hi Laurie

heart palpitations are common and i still get those  ... thumping and feeling the heart beat sometimes,, i had that all through 9 years of peri on occasion and still get it now .. i am just in menopause reached age 50..

this info below may help some ladies ..

MENOPAUSE AND PALPITATIONS

With menopause, women often report episodes of heart palpitations — an irregular heartbeat or pounding pulse, that may feel their heart is going to jump right out of their chest.

These heart palpitations are often accompanied by hot flashes or anxiety.  They are the result of diminished estrogen levels that can cause an  over-stimulation of the heart. For some women this reduction in hormone production is associated with an increase in heart rate and an increased frequency in palpitations and non-threatening arrhythmias, such as premature ventricular contractions (PVCs). A Premature Contraction is when a single heartbeat occurs earlier than normal.

Though palpitations associated with a decrease in estrogen are usually harmless, this doesn't mean that they should be ignored.

Your doctor should evaluate any new or recurrent irregular heartbeats to rule out any abnormalities, especially when these palpitations are linked to a shortness of breath, dizziness or chest discomfort.

Since have are treated for Grave's disease (an autoimmune disorder that leads to over-activity of the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), it will be important to make sure your present thyroid hormone production is still appropriate for your needs.

Estrogen and the Cardiovascular System effects the:

Metabolism and disposition of cholesterol

Plasma levels of high and low density lipoproteins (H/LDL).

Smooth muscle cell proliferation in the arterial wall.

Stimulates widening and inhibits constriction of coronary arteries.

Modulates autonomic nervous system,  which works to regulate heartbeat.

For menopausal women who are experiencing irregular heartbeats caused by changes in estrogen production, the treatment is often a combination of lifestyle changes and natural remedies. The decreased estrogen production also puts women at an increased risk for coronary artery disease, particularly if associated with other risk factors such as a high cholesterol, smoking, hypertension, diabetes,  metabolic syndrome and/or obesity, risks that can be calculated.

Lifestyle changes that may help to reduce the incidence of irregular heartbeats during menopause:

Reducing intake of caffeine,

Limiting   consumption  of stimulants, cigarettes, and alcohol,

Practicing yoga, breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques.

-

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

Yes, I have the exact same feeling! I have been concerned it might have something to do with my heart. I also start to feel very anxiuos with it. 

• Posted

Yes Kim it scares me too....My husband and I both said if all blood comes back ok Im goin to get heart checked to rule that out and put my mind at ease...But Im glad and not glad to hear someone else has this to...That helps me calm down a bit...do u just not feel right when this happens...I get wierd feeling and just dont feel good and sometimes short of breath....but i pose its all nerves...gotta love it....NOT
    • Posted

I get this too..I have even had to call the ambulance and was checked me over and had an EGC and was told all was well with heart...I then went to my GP 2 weeks after and had another EGC and all is well..this just seems like something I have to live with for now. Now when it happens now I know I am not dying I breath very slowly and deeply....good luck xx 
    • Posted

Hi toddpodd

good advice  ... the other day i was outside and pottering about and I got the  thumping  heart ...  i thought oh here we go, so I just sat quietly and kept calm and breathed in and out slowly ... and all calmed and went away..

i still get them on occassion... .. they arent pleasant but its part of peri and meno and oestrogen decline .... 

take care lovely toddpodd 

jay jay xx

• Posted

Laurie,

You're describing the exact same feeling I get. I have been considering getting my heart checked out too, just to be sure. Yes, never really sure if the anxiety that kicks in with it, causes the overall feeling bad. Ugh!!!! So frustrating, just want to feel like my old self again. I am trying very hard to put things in perspective, and realize that my body is going through some major changes. I know what you mean. You never want anyone else to feel the pain, and emotional turmoil you feel. However, it does bring a sense of calm, just knowing you're not alone in it.

Keep me posted on what doc says. 

Wishing you the best. smile

• Posted

I will Kim....Thank you!!!!Hope you feel better soon also...I just try to stay busy but sometimes i feel so bad i have to sit or feel i might pass out...If you go for check let me know please....Hugs to you!!!!
  • Posted

Hi again Laurie

re: under breast pain you describe.....

i have found this snippet of info... may help some ladies .. i was more the palpitations and heartburn bunny i was... still am occasionally. 

* perimenopause and menopause breast, chest and heart symptoms ...*  

Below your breast there are chest wall muscles that may spasm during times of anxiety and stress, causing pain that may last just a few seconds or several days.

Pain from tense chest wall muscles can occur on the left side only, or on the right.  

Your heart is beneath your left breast, and if you have coronary heart disease, the sensation of pressure, squeezing, or heartburn of angina may cause you distress.  Also, as your oesophagus runs below your left breast then simple reflux can occasionally feel like left breast pain.

If you have overdone it at the gym or the yoga class or been careless when negotiating objects and obstacles then this is the most likely cause.

Self Help Measures

Try hot or cold packs, painkillers or vitamin E for the pain and ibuprofen, aspirin, or Vitamin E to reduce or resolve your breast pain.  

Stress is an important factor so use dietary measures such as reducing caffeine, sugar, salt and processed foods as they will make it worse and try having a lavender oil bath.

For pain that persists or seems related to a breast lump, infection, bones or muscles, you should visit your doctor as you may need a specific antibiotic to clear up the problem.

Many of the issues relating to the breast are due to oestrogen dominance so maintaining good progesterone levels is the best way to keep the oestrogen in check and avoid these problems.

jayx

• Posted

Thank you Jay!!!!I have been burping alot hoping it helps some too...one of those days where i cant do much at once or i feel lightheaded and tired...trying to paint windows...ugh.  humid and hot here but drinking plenty water today.....hugs
    • Posted

Hi Laurie

that explains it . burping...  ' indegestion / heartburn' is your pain 😀

hot here too ... still 34 degs and its 9.45pm... crazy hot today, but lovely..

when you go outside feels like when you open the oven door..

swooooooooosh ... heat ☺️

jay jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.