WISH I had done it years ago!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Like many others I stayed well away from HRT mainly because (and I have to be honest here!) The thought of gaining weight...well having spoken to friends and a fab nurse at the surgery I decided to give it a go.

8mths on IV lost 17lbs and gained a waist again? My hair,nails,skin look much better I still get a bit fatigued and I'm still having periods....but I so wish I had done this year ago? Aly 56yrs x

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi i took hrt for 4 years after a hysterectomy just stopped it never gained weight havent gained any since stopping it x
  • Posted

I read some ladies took HER drug and when they came off it all their symptoms came back only worse. Well I am not risking that and I hate the thought of putting toxic drugs in my body. So the battle continues.
    • Posted

HRT.....I meant
    • Posted

Well we are all different ....for me it's just what I needed finally living again and if possible I will stay on it for my lifetime smile

• Posted

Hi aly,

I agree! If the right hormones are used in conjunction with the right doctor that knows what their doing women can live a normal life again through this menopause journey if they desire to go this route. Natural bio identical hormones are made with exactly the same chemical and molecular structure as hormones produced in our own body. I'm post menopause just over three years and have been on BHRT for almost three years and will stay on them through the rest of my life. There is many health benefits for women keeping their hormones replenished as we age. Seems more and more after women hit menopause the health problems come. Big problems of bone loss, stroke, cancers and our heart attack rates are right up there with a mans after menopause because our good estrogen is all but gone that has protected us. It is a personal choice for sure but I have no regrets and couldn't feel better. Keeping my hormones replenished with the right mix under my doctors supervision is what has given me health and happiness. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Ali I am struggling with HRT and wondered if you would mind telling me which HRT you found to be helpful?

I am currently on patches and don't feel much better tbh!

Thank you & well done for going for it!

x

• Posted

Hi Daisy I'm on Evorel Sequi and feel they are helping me a lot...as I said im not happy with the period thing but I feel it's a small price to pay.

I know a few of my friends are on different types so keep trying.. for me I felt better almost as soon as I started it. Luv Aly x

• Posted

So glad it’s working for you ... what is IV ? I’m

On the patch and although it’s helping a little I’ve not seen any major changes yet . Still fatigued still depressed .

• Posted

Hi Lori thank you for your message ....and I'm so sorry to hear your feeling depressed.

IV suffered with depression most of my life...even been in hospital with it in my 20d/30s I have to say that while IV felt low and v fatigued I haven't had that dark depression and I know from experience that is incredibly hard to deal with....sending you my luv...Aly x

• Posted

Aly - this is another great success story to hear! I am so happy for you. I've just read a great article called The Estrogen Dilemma. The women share your same experience. Are you able to share the brand you are on?

• Posted

Hi thank you for your message I'm on Evorel Sequi...and for me it's working really well....my hardest symptom to cope with was my constant UTIs and weak bladder, within literally 2/3hrs of putting my first patch on my symptoms felt better, almost like my body saying I really need this.

I hope your doing ok and not having too ruf a time with our change in life. Luv Aly x

• Posted

Hi Aly,

that's great!

I am wanting to change my HRT because I am putting on weight with HRT - but can’t live without it as I have severe M.E. as well!

So, am wondering what kind of HRT you're on?

• Posted

That is awesome aly!! I feel if we need it and are able to find the right fit then why suffer??? I tryed my bio identical hormones 3 years ago and the timing just was not right to many wierd symptoms on top of the symptoms I already had,  I was having hot flashes all day long(literally) and was so nervous and it just didn't work so I struggled through 3 years of Perimenapause every symptom there is I have had, so the fatigue kicked in on top of all others I couldn't even get up to go to work so 3 weeks ago decided to give it another go around,  well my own estrogen has dropped now and the timing worked great after suffering for so long.  I just fill like I can now function and the hair skin and nails is a benefit. Most of all I can sleep, not sleeping was literally killing me I was getting sick....😍😍😍😍

• Posted

That’s great news Beverly ! I just upped my dose as my fatigue was still there and the depression unbearable . Fingers crossed hope it works this time ... without it I’m a complete mess but finding the right combo as we’re all different is tough . 
    • Posted

Yep Lori,  so far so good can't hardly believe it after all the suffering also my blood pressure went down I think that was u I told that to, my blood pressure went from norm 120/80. To 160/90 and three days in it went to normal omg I thought this could actually stop me from a heart attack or something real serious... Those hormones protect us also, we all have to make the right decision for ourselves💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.