Wish I never had it done

Posted , 4 users are following.

had Tkr 9 Feb then MUA 12weeks later can't straighten knee so limping still. Just got back from another physio session I feel I'm getting know wear.its getting me down 😔

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear this...it will get better, takes different time spans but you will get improvements...hang in there...how many weeks are you now? It must be disappointing. Is your physiotherapist positive and helpful?
    • Posted

Jenny had op on 9th Feb . Physio doesn't say too much . I'll keep with it seeing consultant in August .

• Posted

Your MUA has no doubt shaken up your knee...so it is still early days for you ... Try and do nice things as much as you are able. Maybe hold aside making any kind of judgement about the whole matter for one year from date of op. It is possible to get good improvements with time. Most of my progress was made around the three month mark. Bearing in mind your MUA, it is very early days...you are kind of just one month in from the last time your knee was aggravated! Is it painful and swollen?
    • Posted

If you can get the swelling down things will gradually improve. Ice, elevate, rest and gentle exercises...to the pain,...to "ouch" But not "aaaarh!". Take pain relief half an hour before exercises. I hope your new physio tailors things to you well. You will reap the rewards...just not as quickly as you want... best wishes, keep us posted!

• Posted

I know how you feel. It was the worst decision of my life- the whole experience has aged me considerably- talk about a lamb to the slaughter!

I also wish I'd never had it done!!

Mine was way back 13th Feb 1916!!

• Posted

Hi Lesley

Normally at 12 weeks you should be at the stage where you should be seeing an improvement did you do the exercises i see you had a MUA but you can still get there dont let the physio push you to hard know your limits take it gently yes it may take you longer to get there but most people who have had a TKR including myself have seen a huge improvement in there lifestyle i wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

That bank you Jonny . Yes did exercise go swimming every day I'm trying so hard at it. The physio does push me too hard, the pain lasts for hours after. I'm getting a new physio as the old one is leaving let's see how I get on with the new one. Thank you for your help.

• Posted

I've felt that way so many times since my RTKR in March. 12 weeks now, I had an MUA 2 weeks back and it has set me back a lot in terms of pain and general wellbeing. Although bending more than I was, it is a constant battle to retain it or improve.

?My knee is so very swollen and sore, I feel like a huge dog has latched its teeth in my knee and not letting go, so I am dragging the heavy creature along with me!

?I cry with the frustration and pain and it does not seem much of a way to live our lives. But A glimmer of hope is that I have been going to private physio and they have helped a lot and offered treatment the UK NHS cannot do, like water tank exercise and deep ossillation therapy. Also addtional advice. So that has given me some hope, though they did say my knee is not good as it is! Which I knew.

We should not compare to others, but being human, of course we do and then feel miserable as others may be far ahead and full of positivity, which is hard to ignore when you are struggling.

?My knee has given me 3 months of pain and mobility is not great yet, I await the day when I think it is all worth it. But that said, I know I am in the minority as most seem to do so much better.

?There is still time Lesley, we can still improve, I am sure. I try to focus on any improvements, which are tiny but I can finally pedal the little bike thing even though it make both legs ache for hours after sessions.

?Please keep posted and say how you feel if it helps. I have been more cautious about posting things that re not positive since people have said it puts them off the surgery, but those with ongoing issues need a place to offload perhaps more than anyone. We need to be aware that this journey is not easy in all cases.

?Take care of you and take one day at a time is all I can say.

• Posted

Thank you Cynthia for your lovely words to me it's very up lifting knowing I'm not alone out there, I'll keep working on it .whats up setting too is where I work they don't understand I don't I'll have a job to go back too.

• Posted

Shame that many people do not understand, employers often have no idea what we go through.

​I was made redundant before my knee was done, not good  but at least  I have no-one pressuring me. about going back. We have had to economise and it is a worry  in other ways. Best of luck - hope it works out  for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.