Wish me luck...up to 60mgs!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well, went to see Psych yesterday and as being on 40mgs for the last 11 weeks hasn't done anything....guess what?? Im up to 60mgs :shock: today for at least 4 weeks....have just taken my first dose so a little scared today but im determined to give it a try. One good thing that has come out of it though is that they have finally given me some counselling on the NHS!! so i don't have to pay anymore after 7 years!!!

Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck. I am on day 22 of 20mgs and okay on that so far.
  • Posted

Thanks healthygerbil

I have just re-read my post after getting home from work and realised it sounds like i have been having counselling for the last 7 years which isn't the case!!! My first bout of depression was 7 years ago and this is my 2nd round!! But in between i have never been offered anything apart from medication and have always had to pay for any other treatment, i.e. counselling.....it seems that you have to hit absolute rock bottom before you get any proper help from the NHS...surely if the help was offered earlier, people would make a quicker recovery??

x

• Posted

Good luck Juppster :wink:

Let us know how you get along. I'm still on 20mg and have an appt next week with the Psychiatrist - so I'll just have to wait and see what they think.

Anyway, let's all enjoy the sunshine and enjoy it while it lasts!!! 8)

• Posted

Hey there, had my assessment by psychatrist a few days ago, he says I have been on the wrong medication for my depression since January. I was taking Citalapram then changed to Mirtazipine than changed to Prozac 20mg.

Informed my Doctor and he increased my dose to 40mg as i didnt see any change on 20mg. Been on it a few days and have lost my appetite, have had an upset stomach and terrible itchy feet !!!!!!!!!

Hope i see some benefits with the increased dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.