Wishing the days away until I feel better. No life !!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Wow this is no way to live ! I’m either extremely fatigued or extremely dizzy or both !!! 

Have no life ! Had to leave neighbors bbq due to feeling so terrible ... light headed .

On BHRT 2 weeks  and wondered if making this worse ? How can we live  just wishing the days weeks months go by until we all feel better . It’s a crime !!!  I HATE IT !!

If we had bloody education regarding this change early on we could at least prepare !

Get hormones sorted before they go crazy . I mean really women have to give up their jobs !!! This condition needs more attention and press. 

10 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It is hard to work while dealing with these symptoms.  I haven’t tried any type of HRT but have made dietary changes and try to get plenty of rest.  The problem with trying to work full time, at least for me, is that I put all my energy into trying to do my best at work and to get through the work week and then there’s none left.  Like you, I tend to wish time away wanting to be on the other side of this, wishing I could know that things will be okay.  I have to work as I have no other support, but I understand completely why women give up their jobs during this time.
  • Posted

I agree I am feeling like the life get sucked out of me, anxiety hasn't left me for the last 4 months just hanging by a thread hoping that a miracle would happen and I would wake up one day free from all theses symptons. U are not alone.

• Posted

Yes I’ve been praying going to church lighting candles .... I literally have to hold onto the walls to make it there. 
  • Posted

The anxiety and panic attacks are awful. For about 2 years I was getting them nearly every day. But it does gets better, slowly the intensity and frequency gets less. We just have to survive this time of our lives. Other women did it, and we can do it too.
    • Posted

Well I see lots of women my age living life going out to dinner going away... I think some women get it worse than others . I am one of those right now ... it’s debilitating . I’d take sweats and hot flashes over this !

It literally takes me 5 hours to ‘wake up’ even after 10 hours sleep . Even then I’m dizzy and feel just so unwell like I have a severe flu . 

It’s terrrrrrrible !!! 

• Posted

It's sad. I read that between 10 and 15 percent of women quit their jobs because their menopause symptoms are so debilitating. I think it would be more if they could afford it.

• Posted

I believe you ! I don’t work but I couldn’t anyway with all this . I read also 20% of women get it really bad 60% do ok and the other 20 is in between . I’d give anything to feel normal 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.