with a glass of water

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just a quick question and possibly a stupid one. I havnt had mych luck with orlistat just yet. Been on iver one month and nothing yet.

could it be how i take it. I dont always have water. Sometimes just with food and maybe coffee. But never water.

probably not a change but im desperate for this to work for me 😕

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi hailey I never take mine with water usually tea, I'm coming up to a month on them and have not weighed myself !!!, I do feel clothes looser tho, I'm both nervous and excited about my weigh in with doc 😕
    • Posted

Well that sounds good. I hope you have better results than me. Im hoping they do work eventually. hoping i had a rubbish pack lol. Xx
  • Posted

Just keep going I suppose some people loose it quicker than others, I'm getting fed up with counting fat lol, but as they say no pain no gain, we can do it 😂 x
    • Posted

Very true . I will keep going and hope it finally works . determined to be slim xx
  • Posted

Hi Hayley, I can sympathise how you feel as this is exactly what happened to me. I was so good for 3 weeks sticking to less than 5g fat per 100g and no more than 1400 cals per day, wrote everything down, and on 3 days over that period had less than 1100 cals. I was in tears one day as I have 5 stone to lose. Anyway, my husband was convinced my body had gone into starvation mode and was holding onto everything it had stored because he said it was ridiculous what I was eating as so little and unsustainable (I was even constipated and hadn't been to the loo for 4 days). My husband was saying "how can you poo out fat when you aren't eating any blah blah blah". Anyway, decided to test that theory and had 2 days of eating anything and everything - fish and chips, apple crumble and custard etc etc. Weighed myself after these 2 awful days (and yes I had gone to the toilet copious amounts aswell on 2nd day) and I had lost 2.5 lbs. I honestly do believe my body was shocked and was like "what the hell". So yesterday went straight back to the good plan and shall see what transpires over next 2 weeks being really strict again. Oh yes, and I do drink loads of water, sugar free squash, herbal tea and diet coke but I don't think it makes any difference if you take the tablet with coke, tea, coffee or water etc.
  • Posted

hi hayley thats what was bothering me im definatly not a water drinker coffee thats about it ive been on my tablets 3 days and feel fat, bloated and constipated!! I havnt written everything down or worked out the calories i just eat most low fat things maybe i should count calories and fat content? Ooh im desp for them to work how are you doing on them now? Good luck hun hope they work for us both lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.