WITH AFIB HOW DO MANAGE HEADACHES

Posted , 7 users are following.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU HAVE AFIB AND NOW GETTING VERY BAD HEADACHES??? HELP SOMEONE

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Andre it depends  on what kind of afib drugs u r on.  If u r on a blood thinner,  the only pain med u can take is Tylenol. No aspirn or ibuprofin because it can interfere with the blood thinners. 

If if it is a migraine headache, imitrex is ok to take. 

Of course, ask your doctor.      Good luck

• Posted

Thank you so much .. It's only been since last week but is is such a pain. waiting to see my cardo so can't wait for that.
  • Posted

Possibly a side effect of one of your medications. Read the leaflets that come with them. Are you taking Bisoprolol or Amiodarone?
    • Posted

Headaches can be a side effect of both warfarin, and diltiazem.

• Posted

My advice is to consult your cardiologist. If it happens in the middle of the night (and you are concerned) get yourself admitted.

I usually ignore what I consider as minor attacks. When I experience any form of irregular heart beat I recall if I have consumed strong coffee ar had a 'delicious' meal at a Chinese restuarant. If yes, I know it is food related and I do deep breathing exercises which helps.

If the attacks worry me I will get myself admitted.

• Posted

Hi Andre

I am just recovering from 16 hours of AF i find it knockes me for six.

I can't do anything to make it go and seem to be getting it around once a month. I would recommend an ablation if offered to you, I used to suffer bouts two or three times a week and in 2011 had the ablation and it got rid of them, in 2015 I had a heart attack nothing to do with the AF , and the AF came back I am now waiting to go in for a repeat procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.