With anxiety, does each day bring something new?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.  Today is my first day on this forum, I joined as I am worrying about somethings that happened to me yesterday and when these things happen I never know where to turn, I cant run to the doctor each time so who do I talk to, I need some reasurance from somewhere.  I hope this is the right place.  So yesterday, the first of the 3 strange things.  I was walking in the park with my husband, he went to hold my hand, I looked at him and snatched my hand back, for a few seconds I didnt recognise him.  The 2nd thing was my decision to ring my mum (she has been dead for over 20 years).  The final thing is embarrassing and I woke up in the night and wet the bed - I was awake but didn't feel the urge to go to the loo I just went. Today I feel super tired and very wobbly on my legs.  I hope that sharing will help and any words of wisdom or comfort would really help.  Thanks,Sandra x

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sandra, I am  sorry about what you went through yesterday.  That is a worry.  Treat it as just something that happened, and has now gone.  I know you said you cannot run to the doctor, and I feel the same.  I would like to tell you I am here,but I do not know what to say to reassure you only that anxiety takes many forms, and it could have been due to that. 
  • Posted

I think we have all had some very strange occurrences and thoughts with our anxiety/depression and I don't think nothing is unusual even though when we experience them,they are terrifying.

If you have just started medication,it may be worth mentioning the things that happened yesterday to your doctor. 

If nothing has happened today like that and you are able to out it behind you,then try to do that. 

Anxiety has put me though every emotion and thrown every silly thought into the mix  these last 13 weeks and I know it's very scary. Coming here and reading others experiences helps me lots. It not only makes me feel I'm not alone but also assures me that what I am experiencing is nothing out if the ordinary where anxiety is concerned.

We are just snowman people with anxiety issues and that anxiety will have us at times believe all sorts of things.

Just know you are not alone. We are here for you xx

• Posted

Anxiety takes many forms... Have you ever had anything happen like that before ?  I would mention to the doctor next time you go, it doesnt matter if you are always there, thats their job xx
  • Posted

Hi, just wanted to let  you know i have had every symptom and sensation over the last 6 months or so.  I'm just trying my hardest to believe that everything is down to anxiety.  I have good days and bad and then some inbetween.  I think some of your feelings could be depersonalisation which is very common with anxiety but also very scary.  If your brain is tired out with worry and anxiety it can affect your thoughts and feelings.  I hope you feel better by having some contact here but if you are worried do go to your doctor as it make you less anxious to have medical reassurance. Catherine xx
    • Posted

Hi i'm not at the moment.  I was on it for about 3 yrs and enjoyed a 'normal' life and came off it.  It took about a year and some horrible life stuff to get back to my anxious state.  I wish i was brave enough to go back on it but part of my anxiety is a sort of control thing.  I'm giving myself till christmas to try and feel a bit better then i will have to think about it.  Don't want to miss out on fun with my son which i am doing at the moment. 

x

• Posted

Some times it happened for low calories running through our body...Try to eat more fruits like apple etc...Consult good doctor near by for your comfort..
  • Posted

Hi Sandra, I can empathise with that, if your mind was in something else yet your suffering from an anxiety disorder a sudden startle like hubbie taking hand when not expecting it will make you jump and fir a moment your anxiety takes over and then back to "normal", when your vulnerable your mind will tell you to contact or go to the person who you know will give you love and comfort it's the flight part so I can understand. Wetting the bed can be a side effect of medication as can be the other two especially if you've just started or in first couple of weeks, if it happens again first of all don't worry too much but do speak to your GP to see if if it's a side effect of meds. It will go and things will improve for you. 
  • Posted

Hi all I just want to say thank you for all your kind comments, they really do help. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.