Withdrawal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was on 40mg if prednisone for 5 days because I had a test come back saying I had slightly elevated inflammation somewhere in my body. The test results were ran for chest pain I have been having. Now that I have been off of it for a couple of days I have had constant severe headaches, vision changes, and I have been very lightheaded. I head feels disconnected from my body. Could this be from discontinuing the prednisone? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too have experienced changes in vision, but have no idea if there's a link with stopping prednisone.

I was longer on prednisone and started on 60mg.

I had similar symptoms, when I started having back problems, which later turned out to be ankylosing sopndylitis. Since the ophthalmologist I saw didn't have this information, he did a routine exam and gave me a pair of glasses which he said I should wear as a precaution. The glasses made my symptoms even worse.

I felt pretty good on prednisone and after tappering off, I started having the same symptoms I had two years ago, so I'll see an ophthalmologist again, this time with new information.

• Posted

I forgot to add that maybe you should write things down, how you feel, what symptoms you have etc. It helps to have these information when you see a doctor.

Hope you'll recover soon!

• Posted

This drug is the devil i never taking this stuff again.
  • Posted

Yes it is same thing happen with me i was on 5days 40mg. 2days after stopping i had fatigue,heart pap. A 2week later i developed insomina and vision change. Did you vision go back to normal if so how long did it take? I been off a total of 3weeks already
    • Posted

Did your vision go back to normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.